Make Elizabeth the Last... (1 Viewer)

Uncle Gizmo

Nifty Access Guy
Staff member
Local time
Today, 01:55
For-the-platinum-jubilee-of-Elizabeth-II-the-British-demand.jpg

Let's replace her with a Biden or Trump...

Not a good idea!

I can imagine the people lining themselves up to become president of the UK. Power seeking self-interested politically motivated aerosoles....

I do understand that Charlie is a dick head, and we will suffer under his thoughtless reign, but I don't think it will be too long until we get William in charge and things should be a lot better then.

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Yesterday, 20:55
If you wish, you may take Biden. Immediately. And since he will need an assistant or two, take Kamala and Nancy while you're at it. In fact, you have half of the House of Representatives and a pretty large chunk of the Senate, too. They will ASSURE you of a Democratic form of government.

EDIT: I foresee yet another war between us. Just as we didn't want the monarch you had and we fought to be free of him, you would probably fight to not take what we would so kindly offer.

JonXL

Local time
Isn't the point to NOT fill the position... with anyone?

As I understand, your monarch does close to nothing. What is she there for? So long as she's spending her own money on all the pageantry, fine, she's basically another type of celebrity. But I can feel folks' disgust to hear any of their tax money going to prop up a pointless monarchy. (Not that the monarchy should have a point - if it served any real purpose, that'd be bad.)

But you guys can figure it out. And there's no guarantee voting will get you better leaders, as you know since you elect all of yours that matter just like every democracy.

Pat Hartman

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Yesterday, 21:55
The monarchy gives the UK a cohesiveness and continuity that the US has lost. A country isn't a country without common grounds and we are watching the Balkanization of the US.

AccessBlaster

Registered User.
Local time
Yesterday, 18:55
If the UK experiences unchecked immigration for sustained periods of time balkanization could be the result.

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
I'm still in favor of a voting system that has on EVERY ballot to fill an office that voters could legally choose "None of the above" - which would mean that no new policies could be enacted by the bureaucrats in the office / department for which that election was held. And would also mean that the people who lost to "none of the above" would be barred from running for another office for at least the next non-runoff election.

Pat Hartman

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
None of the above was my choice for president in 2004, 2008, and 2012. And then in 2016 we had the Democrat who gamed the system and ran as a Republican and at last l could finally vote FOR someone instead of against someone.

If the UK experiences unchecked immigration for sustained periods of time balkanization could be the result.
I was in London in 1977 and was amazed at all the graffiti in Arabic. They've had problems for a long time.

Pat Hartman

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
I saw some of the ceremonies celebrating Liz's 70's year as Queen. All in all, she's done a really good job and deserves the celebration. Too bad we won't be able to go straight to Wills.

ColinEssex

Old registered user
Local time
There will always be people who like / dislike the British royalty. The fact is, British royalty machine earns hundreds of millions for British economy from tourists. If it is disliked, why do hundreds of thousands of Americans visit the UK. For Americans, read Japanese, Chinese, German, French etc etc.
The Queen does not make laws, we have a government and Prime Minister to do that, the Queen signs them off as sovereign monarch.
Americans here can scoff and ridicule, but take a moment to look at yourselves and what has happened and is happening to your country, then continue to scoff and ridicule if you wish. We will continue to take your tourist money and from every other country. The best America can offer is Disney land.
The British people are by majority a royalist country, a rare thing in these days of Presidents and dictators.
Col

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Not that I'm suggesting that we would want to return to the British Empire, and I'm quite certain we DON'T want that - but if we did, it would be a far cry from the empire against which we rebelled. Today you are far more a constitutional monarchy with reasonably defined citizen's rights. In the mid-to-late 1700s, colonial rights were strictly limited to the point that our grievances were not being heard, or were being heard but ignored. I am not a fan of ANY monarchy, but I must say I have great respect for Elizabeth II in the way she has managed royal family issues.

AccessBlaster

Registered User.
Local time
I believe the word you're looking for is islamisation
The problem is sudden and unassimilated masses regardless of their religious beliefs. Our southern border is being overwhelmed by Catholics and Christians but it doesn't mean it's good just because you agree with their religious beliefs. If they never assimilate into society and create barrios and slums only negativity and resentment will come from it. It's just common sense you have to control the numbers to allow for proper assimilation into society.

Pat Hartman

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
I think assimilation is what the left equates with racism. They do not understand what makes a country and so they are destroying ours. Just like they are destroying our economy. I don't think anyone discriminates against the Italians and the Irish anymore. Yet at one time there were signs on businesses - "No Irish". Both groups arrived in large clumps and so felt threatening to the people already here because they were hungry and were willing to work for low wages to get a foothold in their adopted country. Now they are just Americans except on St Patrick's day and Columbus day but then everyone is Irish on St Patrick's day:) And that's the point. We can respect other cultures, even celebrate their holidays and love their food but much as I love a good Mariachi band, I'll take a trip to Mexico when I want to immerse myself in the Mexican culture or at least go to a good Mexican restaurant or go to any bar on Cinco de Mayo. I really resent being asked to press 1 for English in my own country. If you're going to do that, why isn't there a list of options? The reason is that other immigrant groups never expected us to accommodate them. They came here to be Americans, not hyphenated-Americans and they assimilated as best they could but their children were always American. Not so with the Hispanic immigrants. My grandchildren have friends who were born here who speak with a Spanish accent. Press 1 for English panders to Spanish speakers. It is the typical bigotry of low expectations that the Democrats extend to people of African ancestry. Obviously, immigrants from Mexico and Central America are incapable of learning English so we have to help them just as black folks are incapable of obtaining photo IDs so they can vote.

Last edited:

Isaac

Lifelong Learner
Local time
I agree with Trump. Keep Muslims out.
It's not about whether I agree with their religion or not, it's which ones are more dangerous.

As a separate and additional issue, yes I agree with what you're saying about assimilation. And I still think Islam makes a big difference. I NEVER want the US to look like the United Kingdom's major cities do right now.

CJ_London

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Some recently published stats from YouGov (a pollster) for the size of minority groups in the UK
Perception (primarily due to woke lobby)reality
muslim15%4%
asian17%7%
jewish10%0.5%
african20%3%
transgender/bisexual/gay/lesbian30%3.6%
vegan/vegetarian20%4%

so looking at race, the perception is over half the population 62% is 'non-white' whilst the reality is more like 11.5%

pretty sure @Jon will tear this apart tho:sneaky:

AngelSpeaks

Local time
I think assimilation is what the left equates with racism. They do not understand what makes a country and so they are destroying ours. Just like they are destroying our economy. I don't think anyone discriminates against the Italians and the Irish anymore. Yet at one time there were signs on businesses - "No Irish". Both groups arrived in large clumps and so felt threatening to the people already here because they were hungry and were willing to work for low wages to get a foothold in their adopted country. Now they are just Americans except on St Patrick's day and Columbus day but then everyone is Irish on St Patrick's day:) And that's the point. We can respect other cultures, even celebrate their holidays and love their food but much as I love a good Mariachi band, I'll take a trip to Mexico when I want to immerse myself in the Mexican culture or at least go to a good Mexican restaurant or go to any bar on Cinco de Mayo. I really resent being asked to press 1 for English in my own country. If you're going to do that, why isn't there a list of options? The reason is that other immigrant groups never expected us to accommodate them. They came here to be Americans, not hyphenated-Americans and they assimilated as best they could but their children were always American. Not so with the Hispanic immigrants. My grandchildren have friends who were born here who speak with a Spanish accent. Press 1 for English panders to Spanish speakers. It is the typical bigotry of low expectations that the Democrats extend to people of African ancestry. Obviously, immigrants from Mexico and Central America are incapable of learning English so we have to help them just as black folks are incapable of obtaining photo IDs so they can vote.
Many people of Italian descent had to change their last name because everyone thought they were in the Mafia Especially if you were from Chicago, like me.

NauticalGent

Ignore List Poster Boy
Local time
The fact is, British royalty machine earns hundreds of millions for British economy from tourists.
I had thought at one time, the Royals were paid by taxes. I believe it was Bob Fitz who corrected me and some internet research confirmed that not only are the Royals' 100% paid by the income generated by tourism, there is also a generous surplus. Assuming this is accurate, then rock on...and even if it isn't, it sure as hell isn't my problem!

Uncle Gizmo

Nifty Access Guy
Staff member
Local time
I have no idea if this is true, or if it was a sci-fi story I read. It might have been for a state, a city or a country.

The story I heard was that every year, a certain number of people were rounded up by lottery, similar to jury service and shoved into a building where they had to sort out the problems. Whether it happened or not, I think it's a brilliant idea where random people are corralled into a building and have all of the normal government machinery available to them, to sort out their countries/cities problems...

NauticalGent

Ignore List Poster Boy
Local time
I imagine it would me just as effective as the traditional approach!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom