Make Elizabeth the Last... (1 Viewer)

Isaac

Lifelong Learner
Local time
Today, 06:21
Some recently published stats from YouGov (a pollster) for the size of minority groups in the UK
Perception (primarily due to woke lobby)reality
muslim15%4%
asian17%7%
jewish10%0.5%
african20%3%
transgender/bisexual/gay/lesbian30%3.6%
vegan/vegetarian20%4%

so looking at race, the perception is over half the population 62% is 'non-white' whilst the reality is more like 11.5%

pretty sure @Jon will tear this apart tho:sneaky:
Note, though, that I said Cities.

Those identifying as White British accounted for 43.4% of London's population

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 08:21
I have no idea if this is true, or if it was a sci-fi story I read. It might have been for a state, a city or a country.

The story I heard was that every year, a certain number of people were rounded up by lottery, similar to jury service and shoved into a building where they had to sort out the problems. Whether it happened or not, I think it's a brilliant idea where random people are corralled into a building and have all of the normal government machinery available to them, to sort out their countries/cities problems...
More effective than our system, I would think, since (a) they aren't worried about re-election and (b) don't have campaign donations tethering them to particular policies and ideologies. They aren't on any corporate leash and haven't been "in office" long enough to accumulate any skeletons in their closets. Removing the pressure of trying to stay in office totally frees them to tell putative big business contributors to buzz off.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom