Meetup in Reading - All Welcome! (1 Viewer)

Uncle Gizmo

Nifty Access Guy
Staff member
Local time
Today, 13:37
Three of us:-
Uncle Gizmo - (Tony)
CJ London - (Chris)
Minty - (Trevor)

are getting together for a meeting in Reading on the 2nd of December 2022 at the three guineas pub:-

https://www.beerintheevening.com/pubs/s/37/370/Three_Guineas/Reading

at 12-12:30pm

We usually have a pint and a chat, then find a restaurant, have a meal, another pint and another, more chatting, then get on the train and try to get home!

If you're interested, make your interest known in this thread. You will be added to a private chat where we can all keep abreast of developments.

Last edited:

pr2-eugin

Super Moderator
Local time
Hi Tony & Chris, it's good to see you guys kept the tradition going. It's been 10 years since I last saw you both in London. Would be nice to join, but it is a working day and it is quite hard for me to get a day off.

Look forward to a weekend or late evening catch up soon. Would definitely love to meet up.

Thanks
Paul

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 07:37
I'm afraid it's a bit far from New Orleans and besides, my wife has a club meeting at our house shortly a couple of days later. I will have to help with setup and such. Tell you what... when you hoist a pint, think of your USA friends - and others - who were too far away to make the trip.

CJ_London

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Hi Paul - good to hear from you, sorry you can't make it. We'll have a chat about an evening/weekend get together, see if we can make it happen next year

Doc - we generally raise a glass to far away friends!

Uncle Gizmo

Nifty Access Guy
Staff member
Local time
Meeting/ Pissup over . . We all .. are on way home ...

Next one in London so more people can get pissed ... Err meetup ... We are considering late Feb early March for the next one.

Let us know your preference in this thread and we can work towards an amicable arrangement....

NauticalGent

Ignore List Poster Boy
Local time
Today, 08:37
We need to do one on this side of the pond...

NauticalGent

Ignore List Poster Boy
Local time
Today, 08:37
Who says decorum is necessary? Besides, the videos you have watched are cherry-picked to fit a narrative. I have yet to observe ANY of they "stuff" the rest of the world seems to think is commonplace here...

Uncle Gizmo

Nifty Access Guy
Staff member
Local time
There were 3 of us , well when we started, towards the end I believe there was an increase in numbers, but that could have been the beer goggles...

Uncle Gizmo

Nifty Access Guy
Staff member
Local time
cherry-picked to fit a narrative.

Yes, I know, at least 50% of your population is dem and 50% trump .. err republican....

All the Americans I interact with on AWF are decent people, irrespective of their politics. ...

Isaac

Lifelong Learner
Local time
Today, 05:37
All right, good thing I didn't go to Reading, Pennsylvania, USA for this. After all, it appears on Google maps as a quiet smaller city a good safe distance from Philadelphia's hellscape.

pbaldy

Wino Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 05:37
We need to do one on this side of the pond...

Agreed! Slightly bigger country though, hard to find a mutually agreeable location. ;)

That said, we're heading out your way in a week or so, maybe we can hook up there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom