Microsoft Access: Edge Browser Control is finally here :) (1 Viewer)

bonAW

Local time
Today, 07:57
What is this about?
View attachment 111639

When the link is clearly visible in the previous post? :)
I had to remove it in order to reply, which I'm guessing is because there's a limit on new users posting links. Just an attempt at transparency. :)

Gasman

Enthusiastic Amateur
Local time
Today, 13:57
Ah, OK.
Yes you need a certain number of post to post a link, though I did not realise it involved quoted posts. :)

isladogs

MVP / VIP
Local time
You don’t need to include a quote when it’s obvious what/who you are replying to (as was the case here)

bonAW

Local time
Today, 07:57
Also fair. Haven't been on a proper forum like this in years so my etiquette is a bit rusty.

Travelix

Local time
Today, 14:57
Does anyone know if the Google Maps issues (see Posts 110, 119, 183) have been fixed?

Travelix

Local time
Today, 14:57
What happens when you try it in your application?
I'm currently still using the old web browser control because I'm still working with Access 2021. In the registry, the corresponding access parameter for the browser is set to 99.999 and with version 3.52 of the Google Maps Javascript API I can easily display an interactive Google map in a form in the web browser control.

But this is only a temporary solution because version 3.52 will no longer be available shortly and with versions 3.53 and higher, the solution with the old web browser control unfortunately no longer works.

Because I purchased Office 2021 last year, I don't want to subscribe to Office 365 instead until I know whether my application will work with the new Edge Browser Control.

isladogs

MVP / VIP
Local time
I believe all those issues in posts #110, #119 & #183 have now been fixed.
However other issues have since arisen due to changes in external code.
As a result, I suggest you wait until those are fixed. Hopefully in the next month or so.

Alternatively, download a trial copy of M365 and test for yourself. If you cancel within the first 30 days, you won't pay anything.
You will need to rewrite parts of your code to work with the Edge browser control

isladogs

MVP / VIP
Local time
I've just discovered that at least one of the recent regressions for the Edge browser control has been fixed . . . at least that is the case in the Beta Channel version 2403 build 17419.20000 that I'm using..
The fix is Access no longer crashes when code is run on a hidden web browser control
So for example my example app below is now working again (in that build) without me making any changes to it.

I would be grateful if someone on the current channel could test & report back

Also please let me know whether any of the other recently reported bugs has been fixed

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom