Microsoft Outlook - Junk Mail Help (1 Viewer)

Dwight

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 16:16
My Inbox is continually swamped with Junk Mail. Thus far, my ineffective solution has been to add each junk mail to my "Junk Senders List" and delete it. But the spammers constantly change e-mail addresses so the mails just keeps coming.

I only recieve legitimate mail from 2 people. So if possible, I would like to turn the rule inside out i.e., I want a list that says "E-mails from these 2 people are OK but put everything else in the Junk folder." How could I set that up?

Thank you for any thoughts,

Dwight

KeithG

AWF VIP
Local time
Today, 08:16
You will need to write procedure on the New Mail event to check who sent th email and either delete the email or move it to your folder.

Dwight

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 16:16
Thanks KeithG. I have never written VBA in Outlook.....but that's just because I've never had the need. I'll give it a go.

Fifty2One

Legend in my own mind
Local time
Today, 08:16
i gave up a long time ago for my personal email account at home and just use multiple freebees like hotmail or yahoo. i have a bunch of them... as a sample the account i set up for my parents to email us has never been spammed in four years because no one else has the addy... hopefully i havent jinxed myself...
for my work address i let the admins for the email take care of the growing spam issues...

Minkey

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 15:16
You could always setup a rule in Outlook that only senders in your contacts list will get through - everything else send it to Junk mail.

I've found that the best practice is only give your friends and family your "Outlook" address (or whatever account is picked up by it) and NEVER use that account to register with ANY web site. As already mentioned I use Hotmail for registering at web sites and forward from there and NEVER get any Junk mail in Outlook (which points to my ISP web account).

Another good practice is too use a disposable e-mail account like Pookmail. You simply choose a mail address
Code:
whateveryouwant@pookmail.com
that account is then created, you register at a web site or whatever using that e-mail account, forward the info to your clean account and then 24 hours later your Pookmail account gets deleted.

Also remember that many ISP's provide you with more than 1 e-mail account (I've got 12 !) so you could always activate one of those and use that as your clean account. If this is not the case with yours some ISP's will give you a new account so it might be worth asking - nothing ventured nothing gained ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom