MS Word Outlook to AOL (1 Viewer)

Dick7Access

Dick S
Local time
Today, 09:09
Two part question: (1) Anybody have quick fix to change default email in MS Word from outlook to AOL

I have googled this topic for around 2 hours over three different days.

Question (2)

Why is it that so many times when googling something, (not just this problem) but many things, the steps I take don’t have those steps available on my machine.

See Example 1 and 2
Example 1

You need to set AOL as the default e-mail program.

Go to Start>Default Programs.

Click on Set Default Programs.

Choose AOL from the Programs list on the left and click on Set this program as default.

My machine: Start> no default programs

---------------------------------------------------

Example 2

How to set up AOL email account in outlook?

After generating the app password, you can set up AOL email account in Outlook. Once the verification process is complete, Outlook will download the messages to your account. Go to the Info and click on the Add Account button. Choose Manual setup or additional server type and click on the Next button.

How is anybody supposed to know what app there talking about

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Gasman

Enthusiastic Amateur
Local time
Today, 14:09
Aol app Dick?
If it is anything like gmail, then to use a third party email client, you need to generate the app password and use that in place of your own password.
As for default programs,use the search facilty, the magnifying glass to find it in the control panel, as I am on my phone.

Can also google it?

Dick7Access

Dick S
Local time
Aol app Dick?
If it is anything like gmail, then to use a third party email client, you need to generate the app password and use that in place of your own password.
As for default programs,use the search facilty, the magnifying glass to find it in the control panel, as I am on my phone.

Can also google it?
Where do I find third party email client? Is that in Word?

Gasman

Enthusiastic Amateur
Local time
No, it is whatever you use for email?, in this case Outlook?

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 08:09
Dick, you should be able to just identify your AOL information to Outlook because Outlook is able to use the right protocols for AOL mail.

Dick7Access

Dick S
Local time
No, it is whatever you use for email?, in this case Outlook?
no I have never used outlook 1 time. My main email is AOL. What I want to do is click a hyperlink in word or access or excel and have it sent AOL. right now the hyperlink wants to send it thru outlook

Dick7Access

Dick S
Local time
Dick, you should be able to just identify your AOL information to Outlook because Outlook is able to use the right protocols for AOL mail.

Yes, but I can't find the steps to do that.
Everything I google comes up with steps that my machine doesn't have. See examples.

Dick7Access

Dick S
Local time
Directions in link you sent me is same as I googled a few times, but my outlook has no click file.
See attachment.

What to Know

• In Outlook, File > Info > Add Account > Connect > enter AOL email account info > Connect > Done.
  • AOL provides IMAP access, a protocol that Outlook supports for sending and receiving email.

Attachments

• Outlook.zip
    180 KB · Views: 115

Gasman

Enthusiastic Amateur
Local time
Dick,
I am not even sure AOL has an email client :(, appears to be web only?, though you can use Windows mail with it apparently as, you could Outlook, if you have it, or any other email client.

Go into settings, then type in the search box 'default apps' without the quotes. that will show you the default programs for various categories like mail, web, pics etc.

1669367247417.png

sonic8

AWF VIP
Local time
Today, 15:09
After generating the app password, [...]

How is anybody supposed to know what app there talking about
The "app password" is for any application (=app) you want to use to read and write email. So, it's intentionally non-specific in regards to what app it is.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom