Missing footer in some sections (1 Viewer)

Melamalie

Local time
Yesterday, 22:34
It seems like every time I post on here, I have header/footer problems!

This time, I have "missing" footers in some of my sections. I've done "view headers/footers", I've double-clicked where the footer is supposed to be, I've switched between header and footer, and I've tried "link to previous". It's like someone deleted out the entire footer, not just the text within it!

Is there any way to add this back in once it's gone? Or am I going to have to copy and paste into a new document?

Thanks!

~ Mel ~

Melamalie

Local time
Yesterday, 22:34
Solution!

It never fails; I posted on here for help, and then immediately found the solution, entirely by accident! I thought I should post my solution in case someone else has the same problem

I clicked on the show/hide hidden text button on the tool bar (the one with the paragraph break symbol). It showed that my footer had been hidden! I deleted the text out of it, and added in the field (path & filename) that I wanted to show there. The footer then continued to be visible when I de-selected the show/hide button, and I was able to make it appear as I wanted, link it to the previous footer, etc.

What a strange problem!

Thanks,

~ Mel ~

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom