Missing Records (1 Viewer)

brodaman

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 05:02
My Query is not returning all my records am expecting 1079 records shown but am only seeing 656 records; I have 3 left table joins but wen I use date to filter I have some of my records missing. Please what may be the problem.

arnelgp

..forever waiting... waiting for jellybean!
Local time
Today, 11:02
show us your SQL statement.

brodaman

Registered User.
Local time
select m.id,m.surname, m.firstname,m.middlename,Nz([c.contributions],0) as Contributions,Nz([l.loanrepayment],0) as loanrepayment ,Nz([I.item],0) as items,m.banks,accountno,c.Date,i.Date,l.Date,c.Detail,I.Detail,l.[Detail Transactions] from ((membership as m left join contributions as c on m.id=c.contributionid) left join items as i on m.id=i..memberid)left join loanrepayment as l on m.id =l.loanid where (((c.date)=[enter date] or(c.Date) is null) and ((i.date)=[enter date] or ((i.Date) is null) and((l.Date)=[enter date] or(l.Date) is null) and ((c.detail)=3 or(c.Detail) is null) and((i.detail=1 or (i.Detail) is null) and ((I.[Detail Transactions])="6" or (l.[Detail Transactions]) is null)); Note:I do d typing using my Android phone please. Thanks

brodaman

Registered User.
Local time
Good day,Please am waiting for your kind response to my SQL statement.

arnelgp

Local time
do you have a time stamp on your date fields, if so you can change the query to:

elect m.id,m.surname, m.firstname,m.middlename,Nz([c.contributions],0) as Contributions,Nz([l.loanrepayment],0) as loanrepayment ,Nz([I.item],0) as items,m.banks,accountno,c.Date,i.Date,l.Date,c.Det ail,I.Detail,l.[Detail Transactions] from ((membership as m left join contributions as c on m.id=c.contributionid) left join items as i on m.id=i.memberid)left join loanrepayment as l on m.id =l.loanid where ((Format(c.date,"ddmmyyyy")=Format([enter date],"ddmmyyyy") or IsNull(c.Date)) and (Format(i.date,"ddmmyyyy")=Format([enter date],"ddmmyyyy")) or Isnull(i.Date)) and (Format(l.Date,"ddmmyyyy")=Format([enter date],"ddmmyyyy") or IsNull(l.Date)) and ((c.detail)=3 or IsNull(c.Detail)) and ((i.detail=1 or IsNull(i.Detail)) and ((I.[Detail Transactions])="6" or IsNull(l.[Detail Transactions])));

brodaman

Registered User.
Local time
Thank you,but I don't have a time stamp,And one thing I noticed is each month query gives different number of records,like the month of February 2015 return 713,month of June return 652 while month of may return 681 records instead of them returning 1079 records.

arnelgp

Local time
you have set a criteria in your query that should return:

date in your field should be equal to your parameter date or
date in your field is blank.

brodaman

Registered User.
Local time
Base on your observation, I have now set my date to start and end date parameter so that it can capture all d event of that month. e.g Start date 6/1/2015 and end date 6/30/2015.And I still get same record return. I still look forward to your reply. Thanks.

Minty

AWF VIP
Local time
Today, 04:02
You have your dates formatted to UK ddmmyyyy, but you are writing them as mm/dd/yyyy - this may be your problem?

brodaman

Registered User.
Local time
I am using d default format,I did not make any format of my own

gemma-the-husky

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
while testing, I would add (some of) the date values you are testing as additional columns in the query - so you can double check they are indeed being interpreted correctly.

In the UK, I tend to use format(adate,"long date") just in case

brodaman

Registered User.
Local time
Have used all d possible suggestions and am still hooked.Please I look forward to possible solution from the community.

arnelgp

Local time
Thank you,but I don't have a time stamp,And one thing I noticed is each month query gives different number of records,like the month of February 2015 return 713,month of June return 652 while month of may return 681 records instead of them returning 1079 records.

are you querying by monthly basis? your parameter should be changed to [enter date (m/yyyy)].

then we can just get all record by month and year:

elect m.id,m.surname, m.firstname,m.middlename,Nz([c.contributions],0) as Contributions,Nz([l.loanrepayment],0) as loanrepayment ,Nz([I.item],0) as items,m.banks,accountno,c.Date,i.Date,l.Date,c.Det ail,I.Detail,l.[Detail Transactions] from ((membership as m left join contributions as c on m.id=c.contributionid) left join items as i on m.id=i.memberid)left join loanrepayment as l on m.id =l.loanid where ((Format(c.date,"mmyyyy")=Format([enter date (m/yyyy)],"mmyyyy") or IsNull(c.Date)) and (Format(i.date,"mmyyyy")=Format([enter date (m/yyyy)],"mmyyyy")) or Isnull(i.Date)) and (Format(l.Date,"mmyyyy")=Format([enter date (m/yyyy)],"mmyyyy") or IsNull(l.Date)) and ((c.detail)=3 or IsNull(c.Detail)) and ((i.detail=1 or IsNull(i.Detail)) and ((I.[Detail Transactions])="6" or IsNull(l.[Detail Transactions])));

brodaman

Registered User.
Local time
I separated d query; Membership table and Contributions table returned all d records. 2.Membership table and loan table return 1045 records 34 items missing.
3.Membership table and Item table returns 847 records 232 missing. May b these information can help please.

Minty

AWF VIP
Local time
Okay - what is causing the 34 items to be missing from the first query - there must be a data explanation.?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom