Mobile app to detect types of sound (1 Viewer)

neuroman9999

Local time
Today, 08:23
Does anyone here know if there is a mobile app available to detect when a human being starts talking on a phone call after you've been on hold for more than 30 minutes? or for any given amount of time for that matter? Unfortunately the reasons I call various corporations during my day are a little more sophisticated than any ridiculous algorithm written by Microsoft and Friends can predict. So I have to hang on the phone forever to talk to a human being.

Thanks

moke123

AWF VIP
Local time
Today, 09:23
Its called a SpeakerPhone. Very low tech.

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
By implication, you want to know when an agent has entered the call as opposed to a relatively sophisticated algorithm based on a "response tree" method. Unfortunately, the formant frequencies over typical phone lines are outside of the bandwidth of the phone's carrier signal, so are lost. This means that any mechanical attempt to detect human speech by a mechanical device would be fooled by a recording of human speech.

moke123

AWF VIP
Local time
In other words, how many times have you been fooled by someones voice mail message when it goes -
"Hello?" (long pause while you are responding . . .) I'm not available right now . . ."

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
What I always enjoy is when the robo-call asks "How are you doing today?" If I feel that it is a robo, I always answer "Terrible." After a moment the voice comes back, "Great. What I wanted to talk to you about ...." And at that point, they are BUSTED.

moke123

AWF VIP
Local time
My personal favorite is the "Hello is this _____? I'm calling on behalf of the fraternal order of police." When I respond "Great , I work homicide, NYC 16th" They always hang up. Why's that?

Vassago

Former Staff Turned AWF Retiree
Local time
My personal favorite is the "Hello is this _____? I'm calling on behalf of the fraternal order of police." When I respond "Great , I work homicide, NYC 16th" They always hang up. Why's that?
Those calls always fell like mob pressure to pay for "protection." Do they think it's best to sound intimidating or what?

moke123

AWF VIP
Local time
Those calls always fell like mob pressure to pay for "protection." Do they think it's best to sound intimidating or what?
A lot of them are scam calls. I always tell them I'm a detective or "on the job" and they always hang up.
The mob doesn't "ask"

harpygaggle

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 06:23
maybe they find threatening? 😅

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom