move app from test pc to prod (1 Viewer)

rickyc

Local time
Today, 12:03
Im getting the following error message when I try and open the my access app on another pc which also has access 2000 sr1 installed. The pc that I used to develop the app is also running 2000 sr1
“Function is not available in expression in query expression ‘left(fsokey,6’”

boblarson

Smeghead
Local time
Today, 04:03
You're most likely suffering from a MISSING reference.

Go into the VBA code window, select Tools / Reference.

Then click on the reference that is listed as MISSING (not on the checkbox). If you click on the reference it will show you in a gray area below which file you should be looking for.

The most common one for the Mid, Left, and Right function problem is: Comctl32.ocx

So, uncheck the check box for the missing reference, close the dialog box. Open it up again by selecting Tools / References and then click the BROWSE button.

Go to the place where your file should be (for Comctl32.ocx I believe it will be in the Windows/System folder.

Select it and shut the dialogs. It should work now.

BL
hth

rickyc

Local time
Today, 12:03
I figured it out. I'm accustomed to seeing these errors in VB6 when a reference is missing. All I do is check the missing references. But in Access when you have a reference checked but not using it you get the error I was getting. But there is nothing in the reference list to let you know you have to uncheck it. It was pure trial and error. I hope this helps someone inn the future.

Thansk for the replys

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom