MSComCtl2.MonthView.2 (1 Viewer)

MajP

You've got your good things, and you've got mine.
Local time
Today, 18:43
In that thread there is also very stripped down calendar that is extremely simple, but works well. I called is "Simple Calendar". Not quite as daunting as Hibbs', but not nearly as robust.

Gasman

Enthusiastic Amateur
Local time
Today, 23:43
In that thread there is also very stripped down calendar that is extremely simple, but works well. I called is "Simple Calendar". Not quite as daunting as Hibbs', but not nearly as robust.
Well the member on the other forum wanted to have start and end time in the control. Their example just showed the start time.

I spent a fair bit of time trying to find out how it was done, then suggested a way.

Then when reviewing the code before posting, I spotted a tempvar, and what do you know?, Peter Hibbs had already catered for that :) and all that was required was to amend a setting. :(

At least my suggestion was the way Peter did it. :D

Dick7Access

Dick S
Local time
Good to hear.
I was just trying to help someone on another forum with the attached.

This is a very slick DB for a calendar, at least I think so, but I was thinking you would have to use it 'as is', because of that, but at least you would have a calendar.
Thanks. someone had already sent me that one. I liked the idea of all the subjects at the bottom. It would have been better than nothing, but now I have mine back.

Gasman

Enthusiastic Amateur
Local time
Thanks. someone had already sent me that one. I liked the idea of all the subjects at the bottom. It would have been better than nothing, but now I have mine back.
Dick,

Why not upload your DB as an empty shell, in case someone else might have use for it.?

Dick7Access

Dick S
Local time
lets see if that works. Try Dec. and see if there is an record. Let me know if I took everything else out.

Attachments

• dick.zip
    114.6 KB · Views: 114
  • Dick Sonier.zip
    27.6 KB · Views: 120

Gasman

Enthusiastic Amateur
Local time
Wow! what a great idea.
Dick,
You need to include the ocx, that was what this thread was all about.?
I see also it is meant to go into syswow64 where I suggested way back at the start of this thread.?

Without that, we are back to square one.? :(

1607072368598.png

Gasman

Enthusiastic Amateur
Local time
Well if you ever lose it again, you know where you can find it. :D
However, it is still not working for me?
I already had that file in System32 as my system here is 32 bit, plus that is not the file you wanted?, that was mscomctl2.ocx?

1607094438610.png

Dick7Access

Dick S
Local time
However, it is still not working for me?
I already had that file in System32 as my system here is 32 bit, plus that is not the file you wanted?, that was mscomctl2.ocx?

View attachment 87206
Crazy, I will ask my geek, and see what he recommends to sent it thru. he put it on my computer with TeamViewer. There's got to be others that want a plain calendar.

Last edited:

Gasman

Enthusiastic Amateur
Local time
Mine is falling over here, and the ocx is indeed mscomctl2
1607097015726.png

1607097087336.png

Dick7Access

Dick S
Local time
Gasman if I understand your last post the old calendar with the fix doesn't work on your machine, is that CORRECT? In case my new computer crashes I transferred the old calendar with the fix to my two back up computers and they works ok. Which brings me to a second question. I transferred them with a USB cable call EasySuite. 1. Do you think that is what made the difference as apposed to you downloading it. 2. Does anybody else on AWF ever use EasySuite. The reason I ask is an acquaintance a IT guy for the city of Houston, TX had never heard of it.

Gasman

Enthusiastic Amateur
Local time
Dick,
You did not upload that dll file, but one with a similar name?. One that I already had on my computer anyway.?

I very much doubt transferring by cable is any different to transferring via a download.
Yours probably works as you already had the 'correct' file on your computer.?

You mention MSComCtl2 and the file you uploaded was MSComCtl ?

Dick7Access

Dick S
Local time
Dick,
You did not upload that dll file, but one with a similar name?. One that I already had on my computer anyway.?

I very much doubt transferring by cable is any different to transferring via a download.

Where would I find
Dick,

Where would I findMSComCtl2?

Gasman

Enthusiastic Amateur
Local time
Just use windows explorer to search for it, though with your setup I expect it will be in c:\windows\syswow64\

Why not ask your IT guy, what he did and where he put it.?

Dick7Access

Dick S
Local time
Just use windows explorer to search for it, though with your setup I expect it will be in c:\windows\syswow64\

Why not ask your IT guy, what he did and where he put it.?
Here is the correspondence between me and It guy. See if you can make ore sense of it than I can. I sure wish I could make this calendar

GianO,
In my calendar program what is the difference between mscomct2.ocx and MSComCtl2.MonthView.2. I have a copy of mscomct2.ocx in a file in File Explorer. Where would I find MSComCtl2.MonthView.2
Ps. Did you get paid yet?

Hello Dick, MSCOMCT2. OCX is a Microsoft Office 32‐bit object library for Windows that is not included with 64‐bit versions of Windows and is generally not compatible with 64‐bit versions of Office. This library contains the control MonthView and for that reason it doesn’t work on your computer! Yes I got the payment! Thank you very much! I wrote you a message but for some reason it remained in the draft folder!
How is the program working?

GianO
Glad you got the payment. Program is working fine
Lets see if I understand your answer.
mscomct2.ocx is the library and (probable has other controls) and MSComCtl2.MonthView.2 is one of those controls, Is that correct?

I just went into this computer to find the list of controls that can be used with this 64 bit windows and could not find it.
I open up one of my old computers and could not find it there either. It’s been years since I played around with adding controls.
Where are they now located?
NO ANSWER BACK YET.

Gasman

Enthusiastic Amateur
Local time
Let's forget it Dick.

He just copied that statement. I already have that on my computer and it is a reference in my Access, yet when I load your form, it tells me MonthView0 has no object, so it does not appear that class is in that ocx? I even tried mscomct2.monthview.2 as well, with same result.
There is no Option Explicit in form main, I have no tbHidden, so it complains about that if I try and compile.

This would just confuse the hell out of anyone, so perhaps best to leave it where it is. :(

1607545672618.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom