MSComCtl2.MonthView.2 (1 Viewer)

MajP

You've got your good things, and you've got mine.
Local time
Today, 00:42
Ps needs a area for data
Any chance you can explain what that means or post an example? I have asked that question a couple of times and for some reason just crickets.

Dick7Access

Dick S
Local time
Any chance you can explain what that means or post an example? I have asked that question a couple of times and for some reason just crickets.
The post just before that I ask if anybody had a simple Excel calendar. PS means a simple Excel calendar can't just have numbers of dated. I have to have place to type in data. What does crickets mean. is that a UK expression, or are you going fishing and using them for bate?

MajP

Local time
PS means a simple Excel calendar can't just have numbers of dated.
That is not even English. Can you just spend 10 minutes and clearly articulate your desires. We likely can help you, but you do not even seem willing to clearly articulate your requirements. I have no idea what that last post means. I spend a lot of time providing your a drop in 3 month calendar for you that required little code to use, but somehow that was not sufficient. The problem is I do not know why. Iif you want people to help, you have to be willing to spend a few minutes and try to clearly articulate what you need.

Dick7Access

Dick S
Local time
That is not even English. Can you just spend 10 minutes and clearly articulate your desires. We likely can help you, but you do not even seem willing to clearly articulate your requirements. I have no idea what that last post means. I spend a lot of time providing your a drop in 3 month calendar for you that required little code to use, but somehow that was not sufficient. The problem is I do not know why. Iif you want people to help, you have to be willing to spend a few minutes and try to clearly articulate what you need.
I guess I don't know UK lingo. Thanks for trying to help.

MajP

Local time
I guess I don't know UK lingo.
That is funny, I am definitely not from the UK, not that there is anything wrong with that. Maybe it is just a Southern expression. I thought everyone said it. But if you ask a question and get no response, we say we you got nothing but crickets. In the summer time if you go into a room and it is completely quite all you hear is crickets chirping. So no real response, just crickets.

Dick7Access

Dick S
Local time
That is funny, I am definitely not from the UK, not that there is anything wrong with that. Maybe it is just a Southern expression. I thought everyone said it. But if you ask a question and get no response, we say we you got nothing but crickets. In the summer time if you go into a room and it is completely quite all you hear is crickets chirping. So no real response, just crickets.
I don't eat grits, black eye peas, or collard greens either. I am married to a rebel, go figure.

AccessBlaster

Registered User.
Local time
Yesterday, 21:42
Dick you want to select a date and you need a comment field to record the event.
Or something to that effect correct?

You have MajP attention tell him what you need.

Dick7Access

Dick S
Local time
Dick you want to select a date and you need a comment field to record the event.
Or something to that effect correct?

You have MajP attention tell him what you need.
Lets start one step at a time. Tell me what I am doing wrong on Excel Calendar. I use conditional formatting to color a cell with Doctor in it, but putting Doctor in other cell doesn't work.

Attachments

• Any year one-month calendarTemplate - Copy.zip
    10 KB · Views: 129

AccessBlaster

Registered User.
Local time
Are you giving up on the 3 month view calendar that MajP setup in access?

Dick7Access

Dick S
Local time
Are you giving up on the 3 month view calendar that MajP setup in access?
I didn't given up, I didn't even try. I explained to him it has too much VB code that I don't understand. Plus I would not have been able to import all pass records. Also Pat H. had a suggestion that I am looking into about installing 32 bit. I have somebody outside of AWF working on a new working copy. Ready to go. Some DB's I like tp study. This is too important,, hindering me too much. It's got to work right out of the box.

My last request had nothing to do with a DB. I was looking for something in Excel as a temporary solution until I get something with Access.

Dick7Access

Dick S
Local time
I do not get it. There was about 3 lines of code you needed to implement to make this work. I pretty much talked you through Barney style. Besides holding your crank what else you want from me.

Here is the whole very very very complex code.
Code:
Option Compare Database
Option Explicit

'Defing a MonthCal as below
Private WithEvents MonthCal As Form_3MonthCalendar
'On load set month cal to the subform

Private Sub Form_Load()
   Set MonthCal = Me.subFrm3month.Form
End Sub

'You can now trap the calendar change event
Private Sub MonthCal_DateChange(TheDate As Date)
   Me.fldDate = TheDate
End Sub

'You can set the value of the calendar
Private Sub fldDate_AfterUpdate()
  Month

You are kind of a PITA and I do not think anyone here should waste any time with you. You are a forum leach. You do not want to put in any work and just have people build you something exactlay to you needs. The problem is no one has any idea what you want.
Your right. have a nice day.

AccessBlaster

Registered User.
Local time
Dick, you may want to request that a mod move this to a new Excel thread. Here is a quick example of conditional formatting. It only requires the word doctor for now. You may need to extract it first.

Attachments

• For Dick.zip
    25.7 KB · Views: 120

Dick7Access

Dick S
Local time
Dick, you may want to request that a mod move this to a new Excel thread. Here is a quick example of conditional formatting. It only requires the word doctor for now. You may need to extract it first.
Thanks. I figured out on my own what I was doing wrong. I had not highlight all the cells. The problem I am having now it that any entries on one month show up on all moths.

AccessBlaster

Registered User.
Local time
From what I have read over the years Dick seems like a pretty standup guy. He does community outreach, travels the country doing his best to help strangers. He has an ailing wife that he is devoted to. He uses a tiny bit of technology to help him keep doctors appointments and keep track of meds. He contributes to the watercooler in a positive manner since 2009. In my book that is worth a few lines of code every now and then.

Dick7Access

Dick S
Local time
From what I have read over the years Dick seems like a pretty standup guy. He does community outreach, travels the country doing his best to help strangers. He has an ailing wife that he is devoted to. He uses a tiny bit of technology to help him keep doctors appointments and keep track of meds. He contributes to the watercooler in a positive manner since 2009. In my book that is worth a few lines of code every now and then.
You forgot the part where I check out restaurants so nobody else gets sick. hard job but somebody's got to do it.

Dick7Access

Dick S
Local time
MajP I accidently deleted your last post with the controls. Please send it thru again?

Dick7Access

Dick S
Local time
Thanks for all that tried to help. I have my calendar back working. A geek in Venezuela fixed it for me with something he calls “visual Studio” Have all my old records back. Price was very high, he wants to move in with me with his wife and two kids. (just kidding)

Gasman

Enthusiastic Amateur
Local time
Today, 05:42
Good to hear.
I was just trying to help someone on another forum with the attached.

This is a very slick DB for a calendar, at least I think so, but I was thinking you would have to use it 'as is', because of that, but at least you would have a calendar.

Attachments

• Outlook Style Calendar V32q.zip
    393.6 KB · Views: 129

MajP

Local time
@Gasman,
Not sure if you saw this thread, but I tried to centralize all calendars, calendar controls, and date pickers. I believe without opening that, that is the Peter Hibbs calendar. I have that included in the link along with another one you posted.

Gasman

Enthusiastic Amateur
Local time
Today, 05:42
@MajP
I've just opened it again and it is by Peter Hibbs. I've seen some of his other stuff before.
I did not see that thread, so thanks for that.

I thought this DB was so good I've submitted to the Samples forum here. It could help someone else, as in my version I can see that member just utilised it for themselves, where the field descriptions were not descriptive of the data, just that way to use the calendar.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom