MSComCtl2.MonthView.2 (1 Viewer)

Dick7Access

Dick S
Local time
Today, 10:59
As far as I can google MS doesn't have a calendar control except for a date picker, and a pop up. they never did replace MSComCtl2.MonthView.2. My theory is to force us to use outlook calendar. What say all of you?

MajP

You've got your good things, and you've got mine.
Local time
How do you envision doing that? Not sure how many different ways to say it , but there are a TON of home grown calendar controls that will work in Access without Active X. Just search this forum. I probably have 5 or 10 different ones.

Dick7Access

Dick S
Local time
How do you envision doing that? Not sure how many different ways to say it , but there are a TON of home grown calendar controls that will work in Access without Active X. Just search this forum. I probably have 5 or 10 different ones.
I guess I didn't explain my self properly. yes, but third party. My first control came with Access.

Dick7Access

Dick S
Local time
Sorry to be a bother, but as I said earlier it helps to use the right words to search. All I can come up with is date picker controls. Could you please send me a link to a simple calendar control. I am more than glad to wait on an experts to build me a calendar, but in the mean time it will be fun for me to study it.

Dick7Access

Dick S
Local time
Thanks again Gasman but you have the navigating pain disable so I can't study it. I am waiting in the the major to make me one but in the mean time I want to do a little improving of my Access skills.

Gasman

Enthusiastic Amateur
Local time
Today, 15:59
Thanks again Gasman but you have the navigating pain disable so I can't study it. I am waiting in the the major to make me one but in the mean time I want to do a little improving of my Access skills.
Dick, I do not have anything hidden. That is how it came to me. Take note of AccessBlaster's reply.
TBH if you have been playing with Access all these years, I am very suprised you were not aware of that feature?

Gasman

Enthusiastic Amateur
Local time
hold the shift key down when you open the app. Left click

Dick7Access

Dick S
Local time
Dick, I do not have anything hidden. That is how it came to me. Take note of AccessBlaster's reply.
TBH if you have been playing with Access all these years, I am very suprised you were not aware of that feature?
Can you imagine how surprised I was? :confused: Actually After AB mention it I remember something about it, but never used it as 99.5% of the time I am opening my own DB, but mostly at my age memory is something I dream about.

MajP

Local time
3month.png

Still working this. This is much more a PITA then I thought it would be. I still have a lot to clean up, but will get to you soon once done. Once you get multiple calendars it multiplies the conditions that you have to code to. Is this visually what you want? The ability to see three months at a time and pick a date? I have not wrote the code yet to color the selected date.

Attachments

• MultiMonthCaledarControl.accdb
    3 MB · Views: 83

Dick7Access

Dick S
Local time
View attachment 86784

Still working this. This is much more a PITA then I thought it would be. I still have a lot to clean up, but will get to you soon once done. Once you get multiple calendars it multiplies the conditions that you have to code to. Is this visually what you want? The ability to see three months at a time and pick a date? I have not wrote the code yet to color the selected date.
Yes looks good. Need to add text box under calendar for my comments that attach to each date.

Gasman

Enthusiastic Amateur
Local time
Yes looks good. Need to add text box under calendar for my comments that attach to each date.
Surely you would be able to that once MajP has the date functionality sorted out?

MajP

Local time
@Dick7Access,
If the idea makes sense as presented, I will continue working it. I need to start over with a different calendar subform that I have. I grabbed this one because it was available, but it was designed to support displaying information in the cells. Because of that there is unnecessary complexity and some other limitations such as not coloring the selected cell. The other calendar should work better. Bottom line, this can be done just may take a while for me to get to it.

Dick7Access

Dick S
Local time
@Dick7Access,
If the idea makes sense as presented, I will continue working it. I need to start over with a different calendar subform that I have. I grabbed this one because it was available, but it was designed to support displaying information in the cells. Because of that there is unnecessary complexity and some other limitations such as not coloring the selected cell. The other calendar should work better. Bottom line, this can be done just may take a while for me to get to it.
Go for it

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom