MSComCtl2.MonthView.2 (1 Viewer)

Dick7Access

Dick S
Local time
Today, 09:41
Yes that looks something like what I have. Would you like to look at a working copy of what I have on my other computer with TeamViewer

Dick7Access

Dick S
Local time
Oops I should have said lets look try this gas man.

Gasman

Enthusiastic Amateur
Local time
Today, 13:41
I get this error twice.

1605563113036.png

then get this?
1605563175134.png

Dick7Access

Dick S
Local time
(Gasman) I don't know what the load problem is, but the second screen/form is what I am getting on my new machine (NO CAL). Want to look at the working copy on TeamViewer on my old machine?

MajP

You've got your good things, and you've got mine.
Local time
@Gasman,
Need to add a reference for ADODB. That is Microsoft Active X Data Objects 6.1

Dick7Access

Dick S
Local time
Just roll your own calendar. There are tons of examples out there. Show use a screenshot of what you want and the requirments.

Show me the requirements and what it should look like. I will build one for free if it is fast and easy. You can pay me if it is more than an hours work.
(MajP)
tblMaIn, ID, Long text , subject Short text

tblsubject , Id, subject, short text

frmMain, calendar 3 months view, cmdfind subject, cmdfind date

appropriate queries, VBA

Need anything else?

MajP

Local time
Is that some kind of cypher code. No idea what you just said. Looks like a Trump tweet. If you want some help, put some effort into it.

Dick7Access

Dick S
Local time
Is that some kind of cypher code. No idea what you just said. Looks like a Trump tweet. If you want some help, put some effort into it.
Sorry
Main Table has these fields a auto number ID, a date/time field, a subject field short text, a data field long text.

A subject Table has these fields. A auto number ID, a subject field, short text

Main form will display 3 month view with a means to move to next 3 months, an area to enter data relevant to that date. A combo box to associate data with subject

A command button to find any given date throughout the whole data base.

A command button to find all records with that subject throughout the whole data base

appropriate queries, VBA

Gasman

Enthusiastic Amateur
Local time
Why not just upload the ocs file as you have it?
My version is now complaining there is no object in the monthview control plus textbox tbhidden does not exist.?

How about uploading that and a version from one of your old machines that works please?

Dick7Access

Dick S
Local time
Why not just upload the ocs file as you have it?
My version is now complaining there is no object in the monthview control plus textbox tbhidden does not exist.?

How about uploading that and a version from one of your old machines that works please?
I am not sure I follow you, but yes that is the problem I am having, it says same as you just said. No object in month view. When this database was built MSComCtl2.MonthView.2 was included in Access. Years later it MS dropped it. I then had to download it and paste it into the system. Then it had to be registered. We done that many times with new computers. I am probable on my 20thcomputer. With this one 3 of us have tried to do the same bit still comes up with "No object in MonthView" I upload to you from this machine. I will up load one from my old machine.

Gasman

Enthusiastic Amateur
Local time
Don't forget to include the ocx file as well?

MajP

Local time
No object in month view. When this database was built MSComCtl2.MonthView.2 was included in Access. Years later it MS dropped it. I then had to download it and paste it into the system. Then it had to be registered. We done that many times with new computers. I am probable on my 20thcomputer. With this one 3 of us have tried to do the same bit still comes up with "No object in MonthView" I upload to you from this machine. I will up load one from my old machine.
This is the exact reason why many people have rolled their own calendar controls. ActiveX controls are iffy to start with and once deprecated they are a huge pain especially if you want to distribute to multiple users and if there is 64 / 32 differences. This conversation can be found throughout this forum. This reason and many others is why I HIGHGLY recommend you roll your own. I am not even sure what OCX this is in. I thought it was MSCOMCTL.OCX
I could not register the correct OCX.

MajP

Local time
That looks something like what I have. Would you like to look at a working copy of what I have on my other computer with TeamViewer
Can you post an image of what you have? I just want to see what a three month view looks like and how you would use it.
Why not just use a single month view? You could easily take the link from @isladogs I posted. Does the three month save that much time?

If I was building this I would have a subform for a month view like the @isladogs link. Then I would put 3 or more of the subforms into another subform. I would modify the control so only one date in one month could be selected. This is the idea in the yearview done with @oxicottin

So if you want three month it is just as easy to do six or or the whole year. You look like you have enough real estate to do a year. If the only function of this is to select a date this is easy to do a 3,6, or year control. I just do not know what else you need it to do. The below is actually far more complicated than a single date picker. It actually displays multiple values in the day boxes with multiple colors per box based on codes. It would just need to be dumb down to make a simple date picker.

Year.jpg

The "control" is actually far more complicated than a single date picker. It actually displays multiple values in the day boxes with multiple colors per box based on codes. It would just need to be "dumb down" to make a simple date picker.
YearWithData.jpg

Last edited:

Dick7Access

Dick S
Local time
Yes, making your own is a good idea, but my access skills are not sufficient to do that, that is why I had the last one made.

22 years ago, that was the was the coding of the day. Anything made today will probable obsolete 20 years from now. In fact, I have heard say that Access is on its way out.

I travel constantly. 3 months in a row helps to plan trips and still gives me room for data.

If I have a meeting on Wed. and meeting the following Sunday 150 miles away, I can look at both dates check in the memo field and see my motel Reservation and contact names.

That’s the problem I have with calendars off the shelf. I can see if a certain day has an entry, but then have to change screens, to see the data, then change screens again to see another month.

Sorry about the small screen shot. I try making it bigger, but couldn’t

Attachments

• fromOldComp.zip
    185.9 KB · Views: 129

Gasman

Enthusiastic Amateur
Local time
I think you will be better off with what MajP supplies you?

MajP

Local time
Yes, making your own is a good idea, but my access skills are not sufficient to do that, that is why I had the last one made.
By "rolling your own", I usually mean adapting something already out there. Being a good coder is often knowing where to get existing code not doing it yourself. I will look at doing a 3 month solution. If you can fit 6 would you want that? If I do this correct, it should be agnostic to the amount of months.

Dick7Access

Dick S
Local time
By "rolling your own", I usually mean adapting something already out there. Being a good coder is often knowing where to get existing code not doing it yourself. I will look at doing a 3 month solution. If you can fit 6 would you want that? If I do this correct, it should be agnostic to the amount of months.
no just 3 months. yes where to look and what to look for. Sometimes I will google something for a length of time only to find out I wasn't googling the right word.

Dick7Access

Dick S
Local time
Did the screen shot come thru big enough for you to see anything?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom