Multiple records in a form (1 Viewer)

jer

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 06:28
Hi
I have a form which runs off a query. So when I select a box, i.e. box1 from a combo box and press the ok button the form closes and opens another with a list of all the tools in that box. Now here is the problem... When I search the box only the first tool in the box comes up. I have tried putting in several textboxes but that doesnt work!! I think there must be some sort of referencing code to do this but I dont no!
Help please!!
Jer

vbaInet

AWF VIP
Local time
It's either you close and re-open the pop-up form after searching or requery it if it's still open.

jer

Registered User.
Local time
Im not following you.. :(

jer

Registered User.
Local time
is there not a code that i would put in the textboxes that pulls up the tool numbers related to that individual box??

vbaInet

AWF VIP
Local time
Alright, your explanation isn't clear. Can you use the right terminology. By box you mean combo box?

Give me a scenario.

jer

Registered User.
Local time
sorry by box i meant pallet! i have a form that has a combobox with the names of all the pallets. I select a pallet here and it automatically takes me to a form. In this form i have the tool number and description of each tool. When its displayed in datasheet view all the tools are there but in form view only the fist one is. Im trying to make a tag for the pallet basically. And i basically need the form to generate a list of the tools in the pallet along with their descriptions.
Phew!! i think i said it all!!

vbaInet

AWF VIP
Local time
You are filtering the listbox in the tools form using the pallet id in your other form right? How are you doing this?

jer

Registered User.
Local time
I have a query which pulls up certain info about the tool. Its number and description to be exact. There could be 10 tools for example in a pallet. Im want the tool numbers and descriptions of these ten tools to come up in separate textboxes. This is because the form is goining to be formattted to look like a standard list that we use here. This list is placed on the outside of pallets so mechanics know whats in the pallet. Thats why a simple list box wont do because i cant change that to look like the standard list thats used. U follow??

vbaInet

AWF VIP
Local time
What are you talking about now?

First you said you have a combo box and a listbox and now you say that a simple listbox won't do and that you want the values populated into separate textboxes?

Please be consistent and concise in your replies. All I need to know is what exactly you want to do + a scenario.

jer

Registered User.
Local time
The above with the textboxes is what I need. I was origionally going with the list box but my boss said it was not good enough and now he seems happy with this idea...
I have a query which pulls up certain info about the tool. Its number and description to be exact. There could be 10 tools for example in a pallet. I want the tool numbers and descriptions of these ten tools to come up in separate textboxes. This is because the form is goining to be formattted to look like a standard list that we use here. This list is placed on the outside of pallets so mechanics know whats in the pallet. Thats why a simple list box wont do because i cant change that to look like the standard list that is used.
Do you understand now.. sorry for the inconvience.. Its like im jumping through hoops!!!

jer

Registered User.
Local time
The above with the textboxes is what I need. I was origionally going with the list box but my boss said it was not good enough and now he seems happy with this idea...
I have a query which pulls up certain info about the tool. Its number and description to be exact. There could be 10 tools for example in a pallet. I want the tool numbers and descriptions of these ten tools to come up in separate textboxes. This is because the form is goining to be formattted to look like a standard list that we use here. This list is placed on the outside of pallets so mechanics know whats in the pallet. Thats why a simple list box wont do because i cant change that to look like the standard list that is used.
Do you understand now.. sorry for the inconvience.. Its like im jumping through hoops!!!

jer

Registered User.
Local time

jer

Registered User.
Local time

vbaInet

AWF VIP
Local time
Yes, I've noticed that your boss keeps changing his mind but when you post on this forum and there's a change of plan, you should clearly state this and don't expect us to know it's changed.

How do you intend getting 30 pallets into separate textboxes? Listboxes are made to be expandable.

jer

Registered User.
Local time
At the moment I have it in such a way that i select the pallet and the list box is populated with the tool numders and their descriptions. My problem is

A) I dont know how or if it is possible to change the design of a listbox to look like a gridded table. Tool numbers on left and description on the right.
B) How do I alter it so that if a tool number is not available, "is unknown" that it is then substituted by the serial number of that tool on the list.

vbaInet

AWF VIP
Local time
A) Increase the number of the Column Count property from 0 to 2. Change the Column Width property from Xcm (where X is the current value in that property) to 0cm; Xcm.
B) Use the Nz() function if that's what you're after.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom