mutliple/varying checkboxes on form (1 Viewer)

razorking

Registered User.
Local time
Yesterday, 22:09
Was not sure whether to post this on forms or tables. This is odd in that I have never had a need to do this particular thing - but it would seem to be a common need - so there must be an answer:

I have created two tables:
Table one represents customer accounts
Table two represents literature that we supply to the accounts

I want a form that will combine the two. The literature may be up to 100 different SKUs (and they can change - new ones added, old ones dropped).
I want to show customer information on the form and list all the pieces of literature that each customer has. Would like to use checkboxes to represent each 100 or so literature SKUs.

The question is: what is a good way to accomplish this?
The answer would seem to easy but - it is not coming to me.
Any ideas?
Any chance anyone could post a basic example database of such a thing?

Thanks!

Access_guy49

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 01:09
I'm a little confused on the idea of a checkbox representing a unique number... am i thinking about this the wrong way?
regardless, i would use a subform, either datasheet stype or continuous form.

razorking

Registered User.
Local time
the checkboxes would just be there so the user can easily indicate on the form for each customer what pieces of literature they have. So the form would have basic customer info and also will show every literature SKU/description, there will be a checkbox next to each SKU/description - user checks it if the customer has that item

Access_guy49

Registered User.
Local time
OHHHHH
Now i know this isn't exactly what you were talking about, but i've done stuff like that with Tree species inventory on our properties. I use a form with 2 lists on it. One list holds all the species associated with the selected property, the other holds the list of ALL plant species, the user highlights all the species, then clicks an add button, and poof they all get added as records to the property.
would something like that work? or are you married to the checkbox option?

razorking

Registered User.
Local time
I like the idea of checklists but - not sure how to make it work when new items will be added over the course of time.

What you suggest might work fine, would like to see an example of how that would work.

Thanks!

Access_guy49

Registered User.
Local time
Ok, so in this zipfile there should be 2 databases, a frontend and a backend.
You will need to link the tables if you put them somewhere other than your C drive.
(I copied both onto my root of C, then relinked the tables and zipped em so that they can work right away if you so wish)

Click the "Add vegetation to Compartment" button and that will get you to the form that does the magic.

You will select a compartment number (compartments are areas our survey people go and look for species in)

You can then use the "Master list" on the left and select species (Multiple if you wish)
Then select a date on the calendar and then click the "Add Selected" button in the middle. you will see the selected species on the right list.
If you switch compartments, the list on the right will reflect the current associated records with that compartment. which you can then add to if you wish.
Any questions feel free to ask.

Attachments

• ABCA_ELC_DB_be.zip
    243.6 KB · Views: 76

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom