- JobID
- Date
- ArriveTime
- BreakStart
- BreakEnd
- DepartTime
- Total Time
- Notes

The Jobs section will be the main body for the form, in access I have Timesheet as a subform, and employees just a seperate form

I would like to be able to create a job using a form on my website, and allow the employee's to add their times to that job?

Then, when I log into my account online, I should be able to open up Jobs, and have my customers details etc, & my employees times for that job?

No idea how to do it?

I have the connection to the database going fine, its sending data to the database perfectly, but to bring it all together, PAss

Also, if not too much trouble, is there something I could do on the Job section, that when I assign the job to the employee, it will automatticaly send the details via email to the assigned employee?

Cheers

Mysql 5

Banana

split with a cherry atop.
Local time
Today, 07:18
Maybe I'm missing something but I didn't see anything that would prevent you from setting subform just the same way you would have set it up with Access tables.

Are your MySQL tables linked? If so, you should be able to set up subform normally - set the subform's LinkMasterField and LinkChildField to "JobID" between your Jobs & Timesheet table. For employees subform, use the method here so you can then link this to your Timesheets subform.

coolcatkelso

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 15:18
Hi Banana

Thanks for your replt m8

The problem is, I have no idea how to do this in Mysql?

THe tables are created in a basic state, no link etc as I'm still looking up on this

Any help & advice you could offer, would be a blessing

Banana

Local time
Okay, we need to back up a bit and figure out where you are actually at.

You have a MySQL database with few tables already right now, yes?
You have an Access database you want to use as front-end client, yes?

Did you download & install MyODBC? That is required so you can link from Access.
Did you already look at this instruction for linking table? Link

Once you have it linked, you'd build form inside Access.

Does that help?

coolcatkelso

Registered User.
Local time
Hiya

Yes I have the tables setup already which are working and displaying correctly.

I downloaded the ODBC driver, but for some reason it won't connect to the DB, I always get a 10060 error from SQL

No way to link Access to mysql at the moment, so everything is done through PHP and Mysql

Banana

Local time
Okay, is MySQL hosted or local?

If it's hosted, you'd need to check with your provider and verify they allow direct connections to MySQL (e.g. they may only allow your website applications to connect to MySQL but not anyone else). Usually, it should be possible to enable the direct connections so you can then use ODBC driver.

coolcatkelso

Registered User.
Local time
Its hosted by 1and1

I have just emailed support to find out, probs take at least a day to hear back.

Will let you know asap

coolcatkelso

Registered User.
Local time
Hiya, just an update

I have spoken to the web host 1&1 and they have said that this package doesn't support direct MS Connections as its host on Linux server, therefor I would need to delete my current Database and upgrade to Windows Server to that allows MS Direct Connections.

Can the stuff I want, still be done using linux tho?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom