NASA Study Indicates Antarctica is Gaining More Ice Than It's Losing - (1 Viewer)

isladogs

MVP / VIP
Local time
Today, 15:11
Thanks for responding to my first question. If it wasn't obvious I was playing the innocent ….the correct answer is of course that its nothing to do with the party in charge but with how the system is managed.
There will be well managed and poorly managed states on 'both sides'.

I'm not surprised you ignored my second question. It was of course intended to make the point about the absurdity of claiming institutional indoctrination of students in schools across the USA.

Mark_

Longboard on the internet
Local time
Today, 08:11
I'm not surprised you ignored my second question. It was of course intended to make the point about the absurdity of claiming institutional indoctrination of students in schools across the USA.

Of course I ignored it... Indoctrination is reserved for University!!! :D:D:D

AccessBlaster

Registered User.
Local time
AB, please explain how these 6 states ranking top overall for K-12 education confirm your bias that Democrat-controlled states provide inferior educations. Please provide facts for your results rather than anecdotal evidence or 'because Democrats suck', difficult as that may be for you.
First off California is on the cutting edge of a lot of demographics. For instance air and water pollution has been drastically improved over the last several decades. Gay rights is another, fashion and innovation and many others. But having said that my state is ultra radical. This is on full display in our schools, courts and politics.

The 6 states you mention as being controlled by Democrats are doing a bang up job AND you are correct! I have no issue with states that stay on message.

Colin mentions Texas as leaning to the right, my answer is if they are radical and off message then obviously I can't support them either.

Uncle Gizmo

Nifty Access Guy
Staff member
Local time
First off California is on the cutting edge of a lot of demographics.

Yes California has an impressive record for innovation, especially innovation to combat global warming. I believe Art Rosenfeld won the Enrico Fermi Award, I think it was due to his efforts in bringing refrigerators with massive layers of insulation around them into being. Also he designed contracts with utilities companies so that they would earn more money if they generated less electricity! This led to the introduction of free low wattage light bulbs, given out by the electric companies.

At the time California had a plan to build 1 new coal-fired power station every year, and the energy reductions due to Arts efforts negated the need to build these power stations!

He tells the story of when he approached the governor with his fears about excessive use of energy, and his plans to reduce it, and was shown to the door so to speak. However within a few weeks, the global oil crisis came into being I think this was 1975 ish, and the governor who I believe at the time was Arnold Schwarzenegger got him back in and helped him put his energy saving strategies into place.

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

Galaxiom

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Tomorrow, 02:11
However within a few weeks, the global oil crisis came into being I think this was 1975 ish, and the governor who I believe at the time was Arnold Schwarzenegger got him back in and helped him put his energy saving strategies into place.

In 1975 Arnie hadn't even made Conan The Barbarian yet. He became governor in 2003.

Frothingslosh

Premier Pale Stale Ale
Local time
Today, 11:11
First off California is on the cutting edge of a lot of demographics. For instance air and water pollution has been drastically improved over the last several decades. Gay rights is another, fashion and innovation and many others. But having said that my state is ultra radical. This is on full display in our schools, courts and politics.

The 6 states you mention as being controlled by Democrats are doing a bang up job AND you are correct! I have no issue with states that stay on message.

Colin mentions Texas as leaning to the right, my answer is if they are radical and off message then obviously I can't support them either.

Your initial point was that Democrats and liberals were destroying education and weaponizing children by turning them into mindless meme-spouting automatons unable to think for themselves. Now you're saying they aren't.

Make up your mind!

AccessBlaster

Registered User.
Local time
While interesting, a quick internet search of Lord Christopher Monckton shows he's been dismissed by the alarmist. I wonder how long this type of discussion will be allowed on YouTube. Google Facebook and YouTube really do control the narrative. This type of content could be soon reclassified as hate speech, when that happens it's off to the re-education camps otherwise known as school.:D:D:D

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 10:11
Uncle G, thanks for that post. A couple of comments:

First, just an observation regarding his eyes: Is it known whether Lord Monckton has Marfan's disease or a thyroid condition? Everyone (without exception) that I have known with eyes like that has suffered from one of those two conditions? But that just jumped out at me.

Second, I wonder if he sometimes feels like Don Quixote, tilting at windmills? But then, the way folks are trying to build "green" power generation and only looking at narrow issues (ignoring the bigger picture), it is very much like the song, "The Impossible Dream" from Man of La Mancha.

AccessBlaster

Registered User.
Local time
Make up your mind!
Actually I prefer not to. I will call out President Trump for his erratic tweeting and attacks. I will also call out AOC for her looney off the rails comments on the new green deal. Unlike you, who tows the party line from cradle to grave.

isladogs

MVP / VIP
Local time
First, just an observation regarding his eyes: Is it known whether Lord Monckton has Marfan's disease or a thyroid condition? Everyone (without exception) that I have known with eyes like that has suffered from one of those two conditions? But that just jumped out at me.

He claims to have cured himself of a thyroid condition called Graves' disease.
He has previously claimed to have methods to help cure multiple sclerosis, influenza, and herpes, as well as reducing the viral load of an HIV patient. He is/was the UKIP spokesman on climate change. As well as being a climate change denier, he has some fairly extreme views on homosexuality & AIDS.

Wikipedia gives a fairly thorough review of his life: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Christopher_Monckton,_3rd_Viscount_Monckton_of_Brenchley though there's lots more about him online

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Yep, Graves' Disease certainly counts. Thanks, Colin.

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Right again, Colin. Marty Feldman was fun on TV but if you went to his public theater spots, he was a bit blue if you know what I mean.

Mark_

Longboard on the internet
Local time
But was he Musical about being blue? That's the kind of blue I've enjoyed most recently...

Uncle Gizmo

Nifty Access Guy
Staff member
Local time
"The Impossible Dream"

I have no idea if Lord Christopher Monckton "Facts" about windmills stack-up, I can't see anything obviously wrong with the figures although I haven't got my calculator out and checked, nor have I trawled the internet for verification. I'm not really prepared to spend my life doing that sort of thing!

One thing that is clear, with around 200 countries in the World most, if not all producing vast amounts of CO2, then to come up with a global scale solution to this global problem just seems an impossibility to me. Definitely an impossible dream!

Uncle Gizmo

Nifty Access Guy
Staff member
Local time
LOL, how can you ever expect to be taken seriously.:D:D:D:D

No no never do that, never take me seriously! I mean look at all the "serious people" on here, really - Do you want to be taken seriously? - It surprises me that the antagonistic, venomous exchanges here haven't resulted in the loss of more members through High blood pressure and heart attacks! Christ, it doesn't bare thinking about... No, just don't be too serious - it's never worth it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom