NASA Study Indicates Antarctica is Gaining More Ice Than It's Losing - (2 Viewers)

Steve R.

Retired
Local time
Today, 17:24
This may not appear directly related to Antarctica. Nevertheless this thread has evolved into a discussion of so-called "Global Warming", that has now been (misleading) redefined as "Climate Change". The World Economic Forum may have become a convention of the "Climate Change" aficionados. "Over 1,000 Private Jets Expected to Descend on Davos as WEF Leaders Preach Climate Change". On the surface, the purpose of this forum is to preach climate change, but there is nefarious side, which Tucker gets into. That is the loss of liberty that would result from a climate change theocracy.

Steve R.

Retired
Local time
1674141313977.png

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 16:24
Of course it is insane - not to mention that it would be ineffective. Methane would pass through any permeable covering you choose as it is a gas in the same size range as water vapor molecules or diatomic nitrogen (78% of our air is N2 gas). A cloth diaper wouldn't stop sh... well.... OK, maybe it would stop the solid stuff. But the gas? Never. You would have to use a plastic or rubberized device to catch cow flatulence AND it would have to be both form-fitting and elasticized to keep up the seal. If you listen to my wife, I know what I'm talking about because according to her, I must be an expert in human flatulence. Not sure why she says that.

Uncle Gizmo

Nifty Access Guy
Staff member
Local time
Today, 22:24
I suppose they could have an online meeting, there by saving all of the aviation fuel.

But somehow that isn't conducive to good politics.

I suspect they need to meet up in some exotic place at their government's expense where they can go out for expensive lunches, stay in expensive hotels and avail themselves of prostitutes. They can meet other officials, face to face to participate in under the table deals where they make themselves loads of money. So I don't see them ever having an online meeting!

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 16:24
Just as a side note, this was bound to happen. All this talk about "green" energy and saving the planet?

We've already come to realize that the extra strain on municipal power stations pretty much negates the pollution benefits of EVs, but now there is an economic reason to not go EV as well.

Steve R.

Retired
Local time
The cartoon below is more true then it appears at first. The environmental community is rabidly into the fanatical religion of "clean energy" today, no matter what the negative environmental consequences may be. So it is quite amazing that the environmental community appears silent concerning the negative environmental effects when grovelling before the altar of "green energy".

As a quick addendum to the cartoon below, the flood of illegal immigrants entering this country tend come from low carbon footprint environments. The US is a high carbon foot print environment. Consequently, each of these illegal immigrants will be generating more CO2, require more energy in whatever form, more water (we have an H2O shortage in the west), sewage, food, health care, cars, waste, etc. Which essentially defeats the ability of the US to achieve "green energy" goals. So one would think that the environmental community would be against illegal immigration.
1675352981701.png

Pat Hartman

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Anyone who isn't worried about harming the whales hasn't seen Star Trek IV: The Voyage Home:)

Uncle Gizmo

Nifty Access Guy
Staff member
Local time
Read the title of this thread, and now look at the link below. The Antarctic ice sheet has increased in size by 5,000 square. Kilometres!

As I have alluded to from the beginning of this thread. There's a lot we don't know. It's not just a simple case of a relatively small increase in the amount of carbon in the atmosphere.

Isaac

Lifelong Learner
Local time
Today, 14:24
So true.
In my opinion that constantly changing emphasis over the years and decades as prior emphasis become seemingly moot or are proved inconsequential, or simply move over for the next latest emphasis, only proves that there is a certain degree of a faddish basis. And like every other issue in the world, people who just want power or have something to sell have a lot to do with it too. Much like the gender transitions versus the medical authorities and so-called experts. Of course they have tens of billions of dollars to be earned from claiming that it's a positive thing. And trying to constantly expand it to younger and younger people. They're not dumb, they see a market and they want it. Even if it means saying something clearly untrue.

Thank God for Republican state governors standing in the way of some of the medical associations

AccessBlaster

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 14:24
They will simply point to that evidence and say "climate change" it's changing therefore be worried. Not only be worried but give us more money and change your lifestyle.

Uncle Gizmo

Nifty Access Guy
Staff member
Local time
give us more money
That's at the bottom of it!

I think it's in the political playbook, find a cause any cause which will galvanise people and jump on the bandwagon and make yourself famous and loved and liked and people send you money.

I mean look at them the bunch of politicians. There are none of them that could attract the interest of people on their own merits are there!

Steve R.

Retired
Local time
After the money, the next question:
How many of the climate change warriors have actually modified their behavior to be in conformance with what they are preaching?
Examples: move into smaller houses, use electric stoves instead of gas stoves, don't take private jets, etc.

Uncle Gizmo

Nifty Access Guy
Staff member
Local time
How many of the climate change warriors have actually modified their behavior

Newbury, Berkshire, UK the town where I live was infamous for its traffic jams on public holidays especially Easter!

The North-South Road the A34, the main Trunk Road between Southampton and the North came to a bottleneck at Newbury. It was decided to bypass the town but protesters mounted a concerted attempt to stop the Bypass! I think their reasoning was it was mostly protesting about increases road transport being bad for the environment. One Sunday, when the town is normally empty no shops opened on Sundays in that era! I went into town and tried to park, every car park was full with protesters cars! All these protesters has come from everywhere in the country to stage a protest about transport, and they arrived in their cars! I met a few of the protesters and I pointed out the Irony, the hypocrisy of their protesting!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom