Need help from a Database dev expert (1 Viewer)

jhoelesmejarda

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 15:22
Hi everyone,

I need help in designing a database. I'm building an asset tracking database, the main functions of this database would be storing data of equipments and vehicles that was purchased or rented, events such as servicing, repairs, breakdown or accidents, off-hiring or selling this equipments or even transferring it to other projects. I have finish the table and query designs but I am doubting some of my designs especially the fields that will be included in my tables and my queries. I am hoping someone can help me out as I don't have any background of computer programming or database designing. Please post your email so that I can send you via mail the design. Thanks in advance for those who can help.

jdraw

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 07:22
Please post a jpg of your tables and relationships. (use a zip file since you have < 10 posts)

jhoelesmejarda

Registered User.
Local time
Actually I made the design using MS Excel I just listed all the fields together with the data types I'll try to finish it using a data modeling tool today. Thank you.

jhoelesmejarda

Registered User.
Local time
lol how can I attach the zip file. I'm pressing the attachments icon or the manage attachments but nothing happens.

WSanchez

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 04:22
I manage a database that we use in almost the same way as your needs. I only know what I have taught myself and probably can't be of much help, but maybe I have already faced your upcoming problems.

jhoelesmejarda

Registered User.
Local time
Any ideas that you can share? can you I see the database that you have even just a screen shot? the tables relationship? Thanks in advance

WSanchez

Registered User.
Local time
The best advice I have is steal things from the sample temples are already in Access. There is the Northwind database that is often mentioned and I like the Sales Pipeline for some things. I have also used the Asset tracking database that I don't have enough posts to link to below. You can find it on the website for Microsoft Office.
If there will be three or more users you might want to investigate a split database. And if you are more comfortable you can create a table in Access that links to the data in an Excel spreadsheet.

Last edited:

jhoelesmejarda

Registered User.
Local time
Yeah, actually the access file that I have is based from the Asset Tracking Database. I'll study the access file that you mentioned and also I need to have a book in learning access. Thanks for the info.

WSanchez

Registered User.
Local time
Another thing I wanted to say is start taking pictures of your equipment. I have found that it is a good thing to have in our database even though I can't get a good picture when we have several 48' trailers parked next to each other.
If you want someone to bounce a thought off of I can be reached by email at:

wsanchez@crescentcrown.com

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom