Need some help (1 Viewer)

durdle

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 03:40
Hello,

I have a database started and I need some help in the way I should continue on with the db.
The situation that I am in is forceing me too decide to either create 100 queries or try to come up with a way around it to possibly use VBA or something. I have attached the database for anyone who wishes to make an attempt. Currently on my frmdailystats form I have it setup so it displays charts every Sunday for a six week period. IE. Week 1 ? Sunday Stats, Week 2 ? Sunday Stats, Week 3 ? Sunday Stats etc.
The way I want to set it up is that when the user enters the start date the required charts displays on the form. I have it setup for Sundays but not the rest of the week, do anyone know another approach to avoid using queries for each day of the week.

Any help would be great.

Thanks
________
oregon medical marijuana

Last edited:

Mile-O

Back once again...
Local time
durdle said:
I have attached the database for anyone who wishes to make an attempt.

No you haven't? :p

And surely you mean: I have attached the database for anyone who wishes to offer me advice, don't you? ;)

durdle17

Registered User.
Local time
Hey,

I was looking for some advice but I am unable to post due to the size of the database after I zipped it up. So I started to trim it down but when I zipped it up again, and it was the same size.

Any ideas?

JKpeus

Registered User.
Local time
Yesterday, 22:40
I would copy the database, then remove some of the data from it.

durdle17

Registered User.
Local time
Hey,

I copied it and removed pretty much all of the data.
Still the same size.

Chris

JKpeus

Registered User.
Local time
Yesterday, 22:40
I don't see how that is possible.

You could try to compact the database by going to:

Tools --> Database Utilities --> Compact and Repair Database

durdle17

Registered User.
Local time
Finally.

Attachments

• test.zip
    53.6 KB · Views: 120

Mile-O

Back once again...
Local time
You know, rather than just have one date in your criteria you can use the Between...And operator in your criteria.

If you put two textboxes on your form called StartDate and EndDate then you can put the criteria in your query:

Between [Forms]![frmYourForm]![txtStartDate] And [Forms]![frmYourForm]![txtEndDate]

This way you'll get all records over any period of time you want and only need one query.

Is that what you want?

durdle17

Registered User.
Local time
Hey Mike,

I have that done in this sample but how can I tell the charts were to get the data. I can use the query but if the user enters 3/2/03 & 3/8/03 and I want to say have a separte chart for 3/3/03 I do not know how to set that up. So I was thinking I would have to use a separte query like below for every day of the week.
[Forms]![frmYourForm]![txtStartDate] +1

Chris

Attachments

• test2.zip
    62.3 KB · Views: 112

Mile-O

Back once again...
Local time
Mike?

Here's a quick example thrown together for you.

Programmatically, you can also change the RowSource of a graph, too, although I haven't done that here.

All I've done is generated a quick bunch of data into a table and made a form whereby you can pick any range of dates and then, when you hit the refresh button, the graph will redraw itself according to the dates you have defined.

Attachments

• dbgraphbase.zip
    43.2 KB · Views: 258

durdle17

Registered User.
Local time
Hey MileO,

I have attached another version of the db. I just wanted to ask another question not related to the previous post. When you load up the frmDailyStats form, you will notice the Mouse Pointer with flicker between an hourglass, this is due to the hidden queries. Do you know how to prevent this?

Chris

Attachments

• test.zip
    84.9 KB · Views: 110

Mile-O

Back once again...
Local time
Sorry, I don't - other than not having the queries run. :confused:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom