Solved New link to BE tables, one failed (1 Viewer)

mib1019

Local time
Today, 05:22
Hello, hope you can help me.

I have moved a database (front-end and back-end) to another computer, ready for the user. The Linked Table Manager is having an issue with one table, fails to link to it. I get an error that I need to check the table name for puctuation and name length. It has worked fine for me on the same version of Access that user is on.

What could be the problem?

Thanks in advance!
MIB1019

Micron

AWF VIP
Local time
Today, 07:22
Suggest you delete the link and rebuild it (Get External Data from ribbon and choose link as the join/link option)

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 06:22
Depends on how the BE link was formed, but if it was through drive letters, there is no guarantee that the user's computer maps the same drive letter to the same external drive. And depending on how you make that link, you might very well use drive letters in the links. If this is going to be common (that multiple users on multiple machines will use this app) then you need to consider using the \\host\drive-path\folder\...\file style of mapping.

arnelgp

..forever waiting... waiting for jellybean!
Local time
Today, 19:22
"That" being solved!

Micron

AWF VIP
Local time
Can't tell you how helpful your comment is, arnel.
It really distinguishes between "that" being UNC path or deleting and relinking as the solution. Thanks.

mib1019

Local time
Today, 05:22
Sorry for not responding to this. Have been away for a few days.

Simply deleting the links altogether, as Micron suggested, and rebuilding it did the trick.

Thanks again!
MIB1019

Micron

AWF VIP
Local time
You're welcome, and glad that it was that simple.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom