New members can now signup using Facebook! (1 Viewer)

Jon

Access World Site Owner
Staff member
Local time
Today, 11:12
I've added a new feature to the boards, to reduce friction for new members signing up. You can just use Facebook to sign up! Click the button and you're done! Hopefully, that will encourage more users to join.

Jon

Access World Site Owner
Staff member
Local time
Thanks Uncle. There is a Google signup option I can sort out too. Just haven't gotten around to that yet. I figure that more people are used to signing up with things via Facebook anyway. I don't have any data on that, just a guestimate.

Minty

AWF VIP
Local time
I would say Google is a more popular candidate than bookface.
A lot of "younger" people don't engage with Facebook as it is seen as the "Old peoples" social network.
They are all into Instagram and TikTok.

Isaac

Lifelong Learner
Local time
Today, 04:12
A lot of "younger" people don't engage with Facebook as it is seen as the "Old peoples" social network.
+ the group of people who eschew social media in general

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 06:12
Generally, I take the Groucho Marx approach to social media. I refuse to be a member of any organization that would have me as a member. However, some years ago, I slipped up and joined AWF.

I have not joined Twitter, Facebook, TikTok, or other such groups.

Uncle Gizmo

Nifty Access Guy
Staff member
Local time

I reckon Twitter is a venomous pit of nitpicking Twits. I do Post business related things there occasionally, but that's it. And not in my name, in the name of "MS Access Hints & Tips"

Isaac

Lifelong Learner
Local time
Today, 04:12
I eschew social media for two reasons, in order of importance.
1) Admittedly, I don't trust my own impulses. I would be that person "that Tweet has since been deleted" too often.
2) The whole atmosphere. Facebook & Instagram--a cesspool of self esteem/ego/comparison-behavior/reactionary arguments, hurt feelings, regrets, & drama. It already destroyed a generation of young people, but frankly, I don't think it does many adults all that much good either, although we think we are better at insulating ourselves in our great maturity and thick skin.
Of course, some people swear by them. More power to them, I am just not one.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom