New to Access & VBA (1 Viewer)

DarrenDWild

Local time
Today, 02:56
Hi Everyone,
My name is Darren, I am a Real Estate Broker in New Jersey trying to build a database for myself to track and record farming and mail expenses.

I am learning Access and VBA at the same time almost from new, but am not new to it. I have just struggled, tried and failed a lot through frustration and misunderstanding but have found myself coming back to persist - Access & VBA has always been an attraction for me though it consumed hours and weekends of my time. It is an interest to learn VBA and the challenge of learning it keeps everything new and dynamic and it is a thrill and exhilaration when the code or adjustment works right especially after days of trying to get it to work

I have searched for endless hours online looking for solutions to what I wanted to achieve in VBA (not really knowing what I was doing, and not grasping relationship config very well..(foreign keys, linking ID's, sub-datasheets and resulting error messages because the expression was too complicated). Every time I have tried Access it has become a little clearer but its always been more important for me to understand why something works, so even if I copied code from a forum online, I never felt I really understood it so it would mean me sitting and staring at a snippet trying to work out why it is written that way and how I can remember the syntax.

I look forward to this forum and hope that I will be able to gain confidence and understanding over time to be able to contribute some answers.

Jon

Access World Site Owner
Staff member
Local time
Today, 06:56
Welcome to the forums! We are the most active Microsoft Access community on the internet by far, with posts going back over 20 years!

Here are just a couple of tips for you:

1. Feel free to ask any question you like, however basic you may feel it is, or even if it has been answered before. Our expert members thrive on helping you out!

2. If you prefer a dark theme to the forums, just go to the bottom left of this forum and click "Default style". You will then see a selection of themes to choose from. I like Shades of Blue. :)

3. If you like any of the answers you get, feel free to click the "Like" link on the bottom right hand corner of the post. If you hover over the Like link, you can even choose the type of smiley.

Above all, hang around here, have fun, learn stuff and join in.

theDBguy

I’m here to help
Staff member
Local time
Yesterday, 23:56
Hi. Welcome to AWF!

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 01:56
@DarrenDWild - if you have a "why" question, ask in either the General section or, if it is a "why" about VBA code, in the Modules section. Somewhere in the mix of people we have on board, someone will tell you what you need to know.

DarrenDWild

Local time
Today, 02:56
@The_Doc_Man thanks so much for the reply. I look forward to looking through the sections and learning.
much appreciated indeed. :)

Bandit

Local time
Today, 14:56
Welcome to the community and enjoy the stay.

Isaac

Lifelong Learner
Local time
Yesterday, 23:56
Welcome Darren!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom