New to everything! (1 Viewer)

ssian

Local time
Today, 09:26
Hi Everyone, i'm ssian and in my mid-thirties. Was working for a huge MNC for over 8years.
Good thing about working for big MNC is that, systems were already in place and anything to improve the process and workflow, things would be done by other experts from other fields like programmers and coders or structural advisors whatever you name them and it gets solved in the project team.

Now i have left it all and am venturing out on my own in another foreign land.
I've been working with Excel all this while and Access is quite new to me. I have no programming background while paying off someone for a product is easy but i wish to learn more about creating my own stuff and possibly website which is functional on my own. Solving problems with money is easy but i will never learn a thing or when things go south, have to engage others for assistance which for MNC, is the norm; logging IT call and wait for a day or two and someone responses to your issue and solutions to be provided to you hands-free since they are able to remote control your computer and debug the issues you are facing.

Here i am, trying to create a database which is i am hoping to transform it into a simple applications for my little business in this foreign land.
I'm trying to create a Inventory Management System which is the main idea and possible a POS to complete the loop.

I have purchased Synology NAS as well and hopefully it comes in handy although i know the NAS is for backing up purpose but it has evolved so much that it's not just backing up system.

I have so many questions on the technicality of connections etc. I viewed many youtube videos including some of the members' videos like Nifty Access, theDBguy & others and i learned a lot from those videos.

ssian

Local time
Today, 09:26
Hope to learn more from the experts here. Thanks.
I know this is just the beginning of many great things.
The toughest thing in life is always making the very first step and out of one's comfort zone.

Last edited:

Galaxiom

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 11:26
Welcome.
Best put you technical question in an appropriate section such as General rather than the Introduce Yourself section.

NauticalGent

Ignore List Poster Boy
Local time
Yesterday, 21:26
Welcome ssian and best of luck going forward!

jdraw

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Yesterday, 21:26
Welcome aboard AWF, ssian. Good luck with your new venture.

theDBguy

I’m here to help
Staff member
Local time
Yesterday, 18:26
Hi ssian. Welcome to AWF!

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Yesterday, 20:26
Hello, ssian, glad you could join us.

Since you have an Excel background, may I suggest that you look for some of Uncle Gizmo's videos on the subject of coming from the Excel side of Office to the Access side.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom