New User, needs some help (1 Viewer)

Wesley

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 00:59
Hi all... just wanted to say thank god this forum exists.

I'm posting this question here in the general section, because it pertains to a form, a table etc.

This is what i'm trying to do:

I have a form that asks for when the last date that maintenance was performed on a piece of a machinery.

I have a combo box that lists several difference periodicities (from weekly, to annually).

i have a text field that lists when the next time maintenance should be due on a given piece of machinery.

I store last PMS date, and next PMS date in my table (along with name, id numbers.. yada yada).

what i WANT to do is this:

enter the date PMS was performed
enter periodicity
have access look up some sort of function to calculate when the next PMS date is due.
tell me whether or not i'm past due (or alternatively, what equipment is due for maintenance in a given month).

I am a very new user of access. Is this something that can fairly easily performed?

I've tried just using the DateAdd function (with some fudged values (i didn't want to get into trying to do some sort of look up table that would cross reference expressions based on the periodcity that i selected on my form).

When i just try to use the DateAdd function, my "next PMS due" field comes up with #Name?

any suggestions where to start?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom