"no current record" - how best to handle editing within filtered sets? (1 Viewer)

Atomic Shrimp

Humanoid lifeform
Local time
Today, 20:16
I've got a datasheet subform that can be filtered in a variety of different ways (the user chooses predefined filter configurations from a combo list I have provided).

Only problem is, the users can (quite rightly) edit the content of the records so that they no longer fall within the filter parameters, but this sometimes (not always, and I haven't worked out why not) results in the error 'no current record'

Does anyone have any suggestions on how best to handle live editing of records while a filter is in place?

Edited to add:

My first inclination was to dynamically lock or disable the controls that are bound to the specific the filter is acting on, but it quickly became apparent that this was no good - I do actually need my users to be able to filter for a certain set of conditions, then edit some of those records so they no longer meet those conditions.
(example: they might want to filter 'active clients with no phone number', then add the phone numbers)

Last edited:

HiTechCoach

Local time
Today, 14:16
Sounds like you need to see if the recordset is empty and if it is then handle it. Maybe remove the filter.

What code are you using to cause the error 'no current record'?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom