No Such Interface Supported (1 Viewer)

mloucel

Local time
Today, 15:37
Suddenly out of the blue moon when I try to use the wizard to create a combo box or anything related to the wizard, an error pops up saying:
"No Such Interface Supported"
and I can't go nowhere.

has any of you ever experienced this error ?
this is a brand new computer with just installed Office 365 and 16mb ram, and a 1 tb SSD, free 903..

theDBguy

I’m here to help
Staff member
Local time
Sounds like the Office install may need/could use a repair.

CJ_London

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 23:37
no, but a quick google of the error throws up posts like this

So sounds like it might be something to do with your machine setup rather than access. If it is an access error it might be corruption

' can't go nowhere ' isn't very helpful. Suggest you do more checks - do the other wizards work? can you create a combo without using the wizard, etc

mloucel

Local time
I did repair to no avail, and is not Windows 10 is the actual ACCESS software, once I try to use a combo box or any other that uses the wizard, that message pops up, has never happened since I installed it, I'm going to uninstall and re-install, let you guys know later

mloucel

Local time
Well Office uninstalled completely and reinstalled, I forced 64 bit this time and now the error is
INVALID ARGUMENT
this only happens when I try to use the wizards everything else seems to be fine.

mloucel

Local time
I am at loss I really don't know what happened, I am going to reinstall windows completely, and see what happens

arnelgp

..forever waiting... waiting for jellybean!
Local time
Tomorrow, 06:37
maybe return to the retailer since it is still under warranty.
on second thought, now that you have tampered with it..

mloucel

Local time
@arnelgp LOL..
By brand new I meant
I added 16mb of Ram
1 SSD of 1tb

is an old/new computer they had in production i5 the HDD failed and was in a corner, so I ask my boss if I can repaired it, so I got all the components and it worked like magic, the computer was previously upgraded to W10 pro so installing W10 was a breeze, just the darn updates, but as you can see is working now.
I will install office again in a few hours and will see how it behaves, but this time I am going to use ACRONIS to make an image of the SSD just in case, before office and if office works as it should be I will do an image like that as well.

Thanks partner. (Mentor)

Gasman

Enthusiastic Amateur
Local time
@arnelgp LOL..
By brand new I meant
I added 16mb of Ram
1 SSD of 1tb

is an old/new computer they had in production i5 the HDD failed and was in a corner, so I ask my boss if I can repaired it, so I got all the components and it worked like magic, the computer was previously upgraded to W10 pro so installing W10 was a breeze, just the darn updates, but as you can see is working now.
I will install office again in a few hours and will see how it behaves, but this time I am going to use ACRONIS to make an image of the SSD just in case, before office and if office works as it should be I will do an image like that as well.

Thanks partner. (Mentor)
I hope you meant 16Gb of RAM :)

Minty

AWF VIP
Local time
Check that all your references are intact, run a compile on the code.
If it won't compile sometimes the VBA errors won't allow the wizards to run.

mloucel

Local time
Well at least to troubleshoot a computer I am not that bad, it happens that I have a software called BINS, is a software that allows me to "group" the icons on my taskbar instead of having a million of them, so makes it easy, convenient and it works sort of like a menu for windows where I can customize my "MENU", it happens that that software somehow installs something in the OS that disables the wizards of Access, I install and uninstall that software 3 times, and 3 out of 3 while installed disabled the wizards of access.
I have sent a report to the company in hope they can check what is going on.
just in case this is the culprit software..
DO NOT INSTALL IT..

theDBguy

I’m here to help
Staff member
Local time
Well at least to troubleshoot a computer I am not that bad, it happens that I have a software called BINS, is a software that allows me to "group" the icons on my taskbar instead of having a million of them, so makes it easy, convenient and it works sort of like a menu for windows where I can customize my "MENU", it happens that that software somehow installs something in the OS that disables the wizards of Access, I install and uninstall that software 3 times, and 3 out of 3 while installed disabled the wizards of access.
I have sent a report to the company in hope they can check what is going on.
just in case this is the culprit software..
DO NOT INSTALL IT..
Hi. Nice detective work!

onur_can

Local time
Have you gotten the latest office updates?
It may also be caused by the missing dll file.
After running the command prompt (cmd) as administrator, enter the following code.
regsvr32 c: \ windows \ system32 \ actxprxy.dll
and check again.

arnelgp

..forever waiting... waiting for jellybean!
Local time
Tomorrow, 06:37
i use Stardock start10 (cracked version).
start10.png

onur_can

Local time
Have you tried the command line?

mloucel

Local time
Have you tried the command line?
Thanks but I found the culprit on a software I have, is called BINS, something with the software mess the wizards, I have no time to dig the why, but I install the software as well on my office computer and it did the same exact problem, once is uninstalled access goes normal.
I contact the company but so far they have not aswered my request and doubt they will ever do.

Thanks anyhow.

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 17:37
Here is a thought, worth MAYBE one more experiment - and maybe not. If the BINS package gives you an option to install in other than a defaultfolder, look that installing it elsewhere. If BINS installs something in \Windows\System32 (or \System) that has a name collision with one of the wizard files, you might have these two apps coexist - just not in the same folder. If you don't have that option, then forget I mentioned it.

mloucel

Local time
Here is a thought, worth MAYBE one more experiment - and maybe not. If the BINS package gives you an option to install in other than a defaultfolder, look that installing it elsewhere. If BINS installs something in \Windows\System32 (or \System) that has a name collision with one of the wizard files, you might have these two apps coexist - just not in the same folder. If you don't have that option, then forget I mentioned it.
Good Idea, I'm going to try today..

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom