Not letting me save changes to Forms (1 Viewer)

fifieldbl

Local time
Yesterday, 22:42
Hi everyone. First let me start by saying this is a very helpful website. I have a database that was working just fine. Now all of a sudden it will not allow me to save any changes to any forms. I have tried a few different forms that are already built. I can also build a new form and save it. It allows me to change the design of the forms, add more fields, etc but I cannot save these changes I make to forms that are already created. Any ideas anyone? :banghead: I'm at a loss here. Thanks

Brian

PS. I'm using Access 2007

AccessMSSQL

Seasoned Programmer-ette
Local time
Yesterday, 19:42
First off, do you get an error when you try to save the older forms, or can you just not go into design view of the forms or is the SAVE icon just greyed out? Did you upgrade this db from a previous version?

boblarson

Smeghead
Local time
What happens if you go into the VBA Window and to the Immediate Window and type:

DoCmd.SetWarnings True

and hit Enter and then try to save stuff?

fifieldbl

Local time
I do not get any errors. I click save and I think it saves. But apparently it doesn't. Because when I go to close the form, the window pops up asking me if I want to save changes. I click yes, the window goes away and form never closes. I try closing form again and go thru the same looping procedure. If I say "no" to the save then the form will close and guess what??? Not save.

boblarson

Smeghead
Local time
I do not get any errors. I click save and I think it saves. But apparently it doesn't. Because when I go to close the form, the window pops up asking me if I want to save changes. I click yes, the window goes away and form never closes. I try closing form again and go thru the same looping procedure. If I say "no" to the save then the form will close and guess what??? Not save.
I understand what you have written. And there is a method to my madness. Do what I told you and then see if it helps.

fifieldbl

Local time
Sorry Bob. Was replying to the other post.
I went to the Visual basic window and typed in what you said in the immediate window and clicked save, then close the VB window, but I still had the same issue. So I went to the performance analyzer and ran it on my form and apparently there was a module behind the form that had no code on it. So the analyzer removed it. Now the form saves my design changes. Appreciate your help.

boblarson

Smeghead
Local time
glad you got it sorted. The reason I had suggested that other code was that I've had times where I wound up in the same situation and somehow when something set the warnings to false and didn't turn them back on, it wouldn't work right trying to save. So, just be mindful that it can happen from that as well. Glad you figured out the real issue for you this time. It can be a hard thing to track down sometimes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom