Note Popup on change of data (1 Viewer)

AC5FF

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 06:36
I'm not sure if this is possible or not. But if there is anyone that knows he/she would be found here!

Is it possible to show an alert/reminder any time data in a particular field is entered or changed? It would have to show up if the data was changed in table view or query view.

Until I can write something that will store historical data for these fields, I want to make sure anyone entering information will record the old information in a separate table. Yes, I know this is not the ideal way to store the type of data; but this database has been running for 10+years and is tied in to so many aspects of the company re-writing it is just not an option ...

Thanks

plog

Banishment Pending
Local time
It would have to show up if the data was changed in table view or query view.

No. The only way you can capture an event like that is through a form. Why are you letting users enter data directly into a table/query?

AC5FF

Registered User.
Local time
I am not.... This is the way it was set up 10+years ago and has been operating like that ever since. It is how my predecessor set it up for the company and it is pretty much the only way everyone here knows how to use it.

I'm fighting SO many issues like this with countless databases it is insane!

spikepl

Eledittingent Beliped
Local time
Today, 13:36
Popup on change of data? Like in "Hello, you - YES YOU - are changing data" ? Purpose not quite clear here :D (further to plog's comment)

gemma-the-husky

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 12:36
rewriting the dbs is the only solution.

you need to convince the powers that be of the dangers of changing data directly in tables.

AC5FF

Registered User.
Local time
Spike
You got the idea right! LoL

Gemma - if I only had the time..

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom