Numeric numbers by English to Arabic And Arabic to English. (1 Viewer)

smtazulislam

Local time
Today, 19:44
Hello,
I have a report page where would like to insert Numeric numbers by English to Arabic. And sometime Arabic to English.
I don't like to change my computer setting. Because my others program has change to default.

arnelgp

..forever waiting... waiting for jellybean!
Local time
Tomorrow, 00:44
go to Sample Database forum and you will find what you are seeking.

smtazulislam

Local time
Before post this thread I search. Found Arabic words. Not Numeric numbers.
can you give me a sample link...

gemma-the-husky

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 17:44
Out of interest, do Arabic letters and numbers need to read right to left, rather than left to right?

Pat Hartman

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 12:44
Numbers in Arabic work the same way they do in the Latin alphabet. The decimal point is at the right and the magnitude grows from right to left.

I think you just need to find an Arabic font and siitch the control from one to the other or show both but lock one of the fields.

When I was working in Kuwait, I learned to read the Arabic numbers. That was necessary to use a telephone also:) But still we used to print the reports out using the Latin printer. The numbers were perfect but since the translation was character for character, the words made no sense at all. We could also switch our 3270's (the huge CRTs we used for the mainframe) from Arabic to English. Our translator would figure out what the labels should be and then give us the character by character translation.

smtazulislam

Local time
Thank you very much for all of the comments and advice.

I would like to convert digit to digit LIKE (٩ = 9 ٨ = 8) ... Not alphabet.
I have some Letter written manually but when I write numbers it is not displayed by Arabic numbers.
@Pat Hartman Actually my computer has Arabic 50+ FONTs and my 75 percent work in Arabic words.
I have some letters written both languages in Arabic, English. Because of the foreigner and local workers different languages. If I change my computer KEYBOARD type > National then don't display English Numbers.
So, Have any other solutions.

isladogs

MVP / VIP
Local time
Today, 17:44
Unfortunately it appears that Google Translate won't help you.
That means you can't use either of the applications recently added to the sample databases area of the forum

1634676541498.png

However I would check whether that's different if your Windows language is Arabic
Otherwise it looks like you will need to create your own translation table

Pat Hartman

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 12:44
This is not a conversion. the ASCII codes for 1 in Arabic and 1 in the Latin character set are the same. All you need to do us to use an Arabic fond on one control and a Latin font on the other control and you will be able to see tthem both side by side. As I said earlier, lock one of the two controls to avoid confusion. This is not the same thing as using Spanish or French for example and needing multiple ASCII codes for several letters to accommodate the various accent marks. The Arabic version of the numbers and the Latin version won't be in the same font because that would require duplicating the ASCII codes. I don't have an Arabic font so I can't make a form to show you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom