Occasional Access O365 issue but significant (1 Viewer)

sportsguy

Finance wiz, Access hack
Local time
Yesterday, 19:20
I have a very nice front end database connected to a back end *.mdb database, all on my local drive. Everything works fine all day long, the next day, like this morning, I open the database, the home/start form pops up nicely, and any button button i click, crashes MS access, just quits, disappears, gone,

Has happened one before, and at some point the database just started working again. I have compact on close activated. The front end is *.accdb, mostly forms and code, and the forms all link to the local mdb database, nothing fancy. I have opened with shift key and closed/compacted, front end, and back end only data but did same.

Any suggestions as to what issue might be causing this?

Win 10 x64, 16 Gigs RAM, solid state drive with 75% free space, O365. . . signed in
front end 6.6 megs. . . back end 42 megs

Thanks in advance. . .

arnelgp

..forever waiting... waiting for jellybean!
Local time
Today, 07:20
maybe check Windows DEP. and exclude MSAccess.exe

Minty

AWF VIP
Local time
Today, 00:20
It sounds like possible corruption or an O365 update that hasn't completed properly.
Compact on close can cause some issues. You shouldn't need to compact the front end frequently with a split database.
An office repair might be in order and possibly a Decompile (https://www.fmsinc.com/MicrosoftAccess/Performance/Decompile.asp) of your database.

If you have a backup of the front end (And you should make a habit of keeping a working copy stashed away somewhere) revert to that.
If not, after checking you are properly up to date with O365, you could try opening a new database and importing all the existing FE objects into it.

sportsguy

Finance wiz, Access hack
Local time
Yesterday, 19:20
@Minty I just finished importing everything in to a new database, and works fine. . . I have never lost as much work as I have with O365. I hate it, but i do like the cloud disk on my personal O365 account. . . though there can be some version control issues as in which file did i open and where did I save it?

@arnelgp hmmm, interesting suggestion, i have never thought about that one. . .

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom