ODBC Office 365 issue. (1 Viewer)

kevlray

Registered User.
Local time
Yesterday, 22:02
Our organization recently upgraded to Office 365 and now we need to create an ODBC (32-bit for Crystal Reports) to a new database. We currently have a few other Access databases with ODBC's already (which are working fine). But now when we try to create a new ODBC (System DSN, Microsoft Access Driver (*.mdb, *.accdb). The process appears it is going to work. But the ODBC is never actually created (no error messages). Any thoughts? Additional information. I can create as a User DSN (but this will be an issue for other reasons).

theDBguy

I’m here to help
Staff member
Local time
Yesterday, 22:02
Our organization recently upgraded to Office 365 and now we need to create an ODBC (32-bit for Crystal Reports) to a new database. We currently have a few other Access databases with ODBC's already (which are working fine). But now when we try to create a new ODBC (System DSN, Microsoft Access Driver (*.mdb, *.accdb). The process appears it is going to work. But the ODBC is never actually created (no error messages). Any thoughts? Additional information. I can create as a User DSN (but this will be an issue for other reasons).
Hi. This is just a guess, but the only thing I could think of right now is admin rights. Do you have enough permission to create the system DSN?

gemma-the-husky

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 06:02
I don't know if this would make a difference, but is your Office 365 32 bit or 64 bit. Maybe it's a bitness issue.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom