Off Topic (3 Viewers)

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 13:06
Yes, an ill liver - though my last lab work said it was trying to heal. Signs of healing.

However, in context, that "throw my mini-van" comment was actually a simile comparing to how far I would trust president Biden. Since I can't pick up and throw my mini-van at all, ...

Sorry if I used a literary "tool" that was too abstract for you, Adam.

conception_native_0123

Local time
Yes, an ill liver - though my last lab work said it was trying to heal. Signs of healing.

However, in context, that "throw my mini-van" comment was actually a simile comparing to how far I would trust president Biden. Since I can't pick up and throw my mini-van at all, ...

Sorry if I used a literary "tool" that was too abstract for you, Adam.
a liver is a self-healing organ, if you didn't know. and you thought I was serious in my questioning of what you said? hmmmm....makes me question a lot of things about you. and you need not concern yourself with being too abstract. that is no issue whatsoever. I learned abstraction long ago from @MajP . He was a terrific help in using the tools I needed to learn all of that stuff. :)

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
a liver is a self-healing organ, if you didn't know

It is - and it isn't. It has its limits and the question originally was "Had I taken it too far?" The answer appears to be "No."

makes me question a lot of things about you

I, on the other hand, have no questions about you. (At least, none that need answering.) I have no doubt that MajP was very helpful in the field of programming abstraction. I was referring to a literary device for which there is one and only one tool - the human mind.

Isaac

Lifelong Learner
Local time
Today, 11:06
Happy Memorial Day everyone. I'm thankful for everyone who has served, and all the things that have been given, lost, and endured up till this point for me to be able to live in freedom.

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
In memory of

Leo G Huber III, MEDEVAC pilot, KIA in the Vietnam conflict - shot while in a clearly marked medical transport chopper with big white background and red cross on it.

In memory of Sgt. Loyd J Tabor, US Army, 3rd wave on Omaha Beach, D-Day. Sgt. Tabor assisted in liberation of more than one "death camp."

In memory of Marvin J Perret (MOH), Coxswain on landing craft, Omaha Beach, D-Day and at Iwo Jima

Isaac

Lifelong Learner
Local time
In memory of

Leo G Huber III, MEDEVAC pilot, KIA in the Vietnam conflict - shot while in a clearly marked medical transport chopper with big white background and red cross on it.

In memory of Sgt. Loyd J Tabor, US Army, 3rd wave on Omaha Beach, D-Day. Sgt. Tabor assisted in liberation of more than one "death camp."

In memory of Marvin J Perret (MOH), Coxswain on landing craft, Oman Beach, D-Day and at Iwo Jima
Thanks for sharing that Doc

Steve R.

Retired
Local time
Today, 14:06
1622818433812.png

Isaac

Lifelong Learner
Local time
Pretty soon the whole universe and all experiences contained therein will just be in our imagination. We're already about halfway there in the USA

conception_native_0123

Local time
did not know that SD had a republican governor. but then again, SD is NOT either coast. so that makes perfect sense.

Isaac

Lifelong Learner
Local time
Might check out South Dakota after Tennesse this fall!

I have said as much to my wife several times over the past year. SD scenery appears to be stunning, I never realized this until Kristi's somewhat rise to fame over the past little while and then somehow saw a bunch of nature pics, wow. What a place!

Steve R.

Retired
Local time
Today, 14:06
As a side note. Listening to Kristi Noem expounding on the people/business moving to SD made me cringe. It is the lack of people that make living in rural areas great. Nevada, at least Las Vegas and Reno, has been corrupted (swinging Democratic) by the influx of people. Then there is Austin, TX, a mini-California. When extolling population/business growth; be careful of what you are asking for, you might find-out it is not what you expected. :unsure:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom