Office 2007 / Access 2000 (1 Viewer)

David b

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 12:01
Neighbour has got a new `puter which came with Office 2007 (without Access )

He needs Access to run an app for his business.

He still has a copy of Office 2000 Pro.

Are there any issues with installing Access 2000 alongside Office 2007. ?

The app calls Outlook to send emails.

Will there be any problems when Access runs this - ? -

Dim stAppName As String

stAppName = "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office\outlook.exe"
Call Shell(stAppName, 1)

TIA
David B

Moniker

VBA Pro
Local time
Today, 06:01
Did you Google "Installing Multiple Versions of Office"? You may have come up with this article.

Fun little tidbits from that article:

Microsoft Office Outlook 2007 cannot coexist with any earlier version of Microsoft Outlook. When you install Outlook 2007, the Setup program removes Microsoft Office Outlook 2003, Microsoft Outlook 2002, and Microsoft Outlook 2000. The Setup program removes these versions of Outlook even if you click to select the Keep these programs check box in the Removing Previous Versions dialog box. Versions of Microsoft Outlook that are earlier than Outlook 2000 will not be detected for removal. However, if you do not remove versions of Outlook that are earlier than Outlook 2000, both versions of Outlook will be unstable.

You can install and use more than one version of Microsoft Office on a single computer. For example, you can install and use both Microsoft 2007 Office suites and programs and Microsoft Office 2003 on the same computer. However, we do not recommend this.

Your neighbor will probably want to buy Office Professional 2007 for his computer, or uninstall 2007 and use 2000. Note that Office 2007 is a huge leap over previous versions, in that it's very confusing at first.

durexlw

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 13:01
I believe the question was "can Access 2000 be installed alongside Office 2007"?

My girl just installed Access 2007, but wanted to keep the rest of her Office 2000... for the reasons Moniker states: the leap is confusing to many. She reported no problems to me.
It seems obvious as Moniker says that you cannot have two outlooks installed, but I would suspect it's possible to install Access 2000 and Office 2007 except Access 2007.

I cannot verify it will work, but I would try it. Installing Office doesn't take long after all and my guess is that you have a pretty high probability to have it succeed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom