Oh baby, baby... (1 Viewer)

NauticalGent

Ignore List Poster Boy
Local time
Yesterday, 22:32
Hey @moke123 ...got room in the club for 1 more?
IMG-20221015-WA0000.jpg

KitaYama

Local time
Today, 11:32
I wonder how much does it cost.

My father was very strict. We had three rules we could never disobey. The second one was : Never ride a bike. It will costs you your life.

Later when I grew up, I was too busy with life and never had the opportunity to ride one. I've always wondered how it feels riding a bike. But never was able to experience it.
During all my life, I've lost three dear ones in bike accidents, but never lost the hope of having my own bike someday.
Then it was the marriage and with it came the kids. I was too occupied with life to be able to invest time on a new world out of my reach.
And now I'm too old for a new challenge. But I really liked how it looks. Just like a road star.

Last edited:

NauticalGent

Ignore List Poster Boy
Local time
I wonder how much does it cost.

My father was very strict. We had three rules we could never disobey. The second one was : Never ride a bike. It will costs you your life.

Later when I grew up, I was too busy with life and never had the opportunity to ride one. I've always wondered how it feels riding a bike. But never was able to experience it.
During all my life, I've lost three dear ones in bike accidents, but never lost the hope of having my own bike.
Then it was the marriage and with it came the kids. I was too occupied with life to be able to invest time on a new world out of my reach.
And now I'm too old for a new challenge. But I really liked how it looks. Just like a road star.
This particular bike costs 15k.

True, riding can be dangerous, but there is nothing like it! I spent a few years in Italy and had a scooter. It was only 200cc but with Europe's bike laws being similar to Japan's, riding there is much more fun than riding in the US.

If you can, borrow a friend's or take a test drive...if it makes your blood pump, then get one. You're never too old to live my friend!

NauticalGent

Ignore List Poster Boy
Local time
Not yet. The wife wants one too and she wants a Harley. I have her half way off that ledge...we scheduled a test ride for next week. I am sure after she rides the Scout, it will be a done deal...

moke123

AWF VIP
Local time
I've had bikes for the last 30+ years and the Scout 's the best one hands down. I looked at comparably priced Harleys but wasn't impressed , especially because they are so common and everyone has one. I bought mine 4 years ago and only now are they starting to show up in my area. I would walk out of a store and find someone taking pictures of it and spend the next 1/2 hour answering questions. We do have a number of old Indians around as the original factory is not far away and descendants of the employees find them hidden away in the old barns.

Cant tell you how many H.D. guys I've talked to the last couple years who've all said their next bike's an Indian. Your wife, and you, will love the Scout. It's a really well balanced bike and feels really light. Low center of gravity. It's faster than she'll ever want to go and very nimble.

I am sure after she rides the Scout, it will be a done deal...
Guaranteed.

Sounds like your already sold. Y.O.L.O .

Pat Hartman

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Looks like an AK47. Must be a weapon of mass destruction. It needs to be banned:)

Pat Hartman

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Just don't take it to a mass shooting:( You'll be arrested.:)

Pat Hartman

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
I wonder if the Hells Angels will be allowed to ride them.

Jon

Access World Site Owner
Staff member
Local time
Today, 03:32
True, riding can be dangerous, but there is nothing like it!

If you can, borrow a friend's or take a test drive...if it makes your blood pump, then get one. You're never too old to live my friend!
Totally agree. Many years ago I hired a 250cc while holidaying in Corfu. It put hairs on my chest! I felt manly! Great fun and gave an immense sense of freedom.

moke123

AWF VIP
Local time
Not sure. Since it IS US bike, AND older than HD, they might allow it. Moke might have some insight on that one.
I know a few members and hangers-on but none with Indians - yet. Some of the people who've said their next bikes is an Indian were "81"
They have a local club nearby.

ColinEssex

Old registered user
Local time
Today, 03:32
A Hardly Driveable is a terrible overpriced rubbish bike. They are unreliable and you can't use them in the rain or wintertime as the salt on roads corrodes the engine and chrome. If you're desperate for a cruiser style bike, get a Japanese one, I had a kawasaki vulcan and it was fab, in fact, I took my bike test on it.
Col

NauticalGent

Ignore List Poster Boy
Local time
A Hardly Driveable is a terrible overpriced rubbish bike. They are unreliable and you can't use them in the rain or wintertime as the salt on roads corrodes the engine and chrome. If you're desperate for a cruiser style bike, get a Japanese one, I had a kawasaki vulcan and it was fab, in fact, I took my bike test on it.
Col
Agree on all counts. I have never ridden the Vulcan, but everyone I know who has, echo your words.

Cronk

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 12:32
Anyone read Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance: An Inquiry Into Values by Robert M. Pirsig?

I'd recommend it for anyone interested in bikes, or even those not interested. A lot of observations such as

“When one person suffers from a delusion, it is called insanity. When many people suffer from a delusion it is called a Religion.”
“What makes his world so hard to see clearly is not its strangeness but its usualness). Familiarity can blind you too.”
“The real purpose of the scientific method is to make sure nature hasn’t misled you into thinking you know something you actually don’t know.”

And one that everyone who has ever ridden a bike will understand
“In a car you're always in a compartment, and because you're used to it you don't realize that through that car window everything you see is just more TV. You're a passive observer and it is all moving by you boringly in a frame.

On a cycle the frame is gone. You're completely in contact with it all. You're in the scene, not just watching it anymore, and the sense of presence is overwhelming.”

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom