Old Email Addresses (1 Viewer)

AnthonyGerrard

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 12:49
I was wondering what people did in way of recording or removing invalid email addresses from their databases.

I have a bounce back file containing my emails and techniocally its fine to remove them.

And will remove them from tables such as contactname, company as these tables show current data.
But say for a booking email address, to delete it on the booking it would leave the problem being it then looks like it was never entered.
(i can audit it yes) and its a possibility I will farm previoulsy used emails for a future email shot. So deleting known invalid emails would be beneficial, so as not to send out to invalid old booking email addresses.

What do others do in such cicumstances?

Do I just remove them? So it now records email as nothing when actually at the time of booking it was paul@gmail.com and was actually then valid?

THanks

Last edited:

JKE

Local time
Today, 13:49
I have a web service similar like yours. (Not the same, of-course!)
I my world, I have a special solution....
I save the entire message along with all details in a separate table.

Of-course, it's little late to change for you! But if you change the procedure, it might be a solution in the future.

I agree with you, only save one kind of data in ONE place! But in this case, I think it's better to save the same data in different places, once the order is made.

Not for the procedure itself, but for the purpose of maintaining the archive! To make sure it's valid also with old e-mail addresses!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom