OLE Bound Fields (1 Viewer)

mingram

Local time
Today, 01:57
I have an embedded word document in a bound object frame and they tend to just sometimes get lost. They have personal notes that have been written by staff and I would like to know how to retrieve them. They are on a network drive, but when you click "Insert Object" I have no clue where the files go. So some documents are lost and I need to retrieve them, any clue how to?

Peter Paul

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 01:57
I suspect the problem you are having is that you are inserting new objects over the existing objects.

If you want to modify the text in the object, either EDIT | OBJECT, or you can right-click to get into edit mode. The problem is that when the INSERT OBJECT splash-screen appears, you are only one click away from removing, (forever,) the existing object. If you click Cancel, you enter edit mode; if you click OK then it is gone for good, no recovery unless you have the file backed up.

Another option open to you, (though I discourage it from my users,) is to have the Word document, or whatever OLE you are inserting, saved somewhere else. You can then import the data. If you lose the embedded copy, you can always grab it again from the saved copy.

The last option, (I don't allow my users to do this,) is to LINK the file. The problem is that if the file is moved, renamed, deleted or whatever, then the link is broken.

Good luck,
Peter

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom