OLE bound objects making the DB very big (1 Viewer)

T

tommylow

I had posted this in the forms forum in error.....Problem with the size of my database...i have made a DB for an estate agency using OLE bound objects to store the various pictures of the properties on forms and also on reports used as the window adverts of the property, even with no pictures stored (i have tried linking rather than embedding them but this doesnt seem to make a differance to the size) the db is 160mb is there another way to store pics, i have tried compact and repair and analyze which reduced it slightly by about 10mb's ...any ideas

Ally

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 07:54
I'm not entirely sure if this will make a difference, but think it does. What about inserting an image? I had a problem once with emailing reports and it ended up that it didn't like the embedded OLE objects and I was recommended to try inserting an image. That way in "picture" in the properties box, you get the path where the image is stored.

Nero

Shop smart, shop S-Mart
Local time
Today, 07:54
There are alot of posts regarding images on the forum.
Storing images in access 'bloats' the db size.
The best method is linking your images and as Ally says just storing the path name to your image in a table.
Search the forum for some examples.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom