OLE not Registered error (1 Viewer)

Peter Paul

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 02:29
Greetings all,
I have a user who is trying to run an Access database. On everyone elses machine, the application runs fine. When this particular user, on his machine, runs the application on one form we get into trouble.

The form is a tabbed form, and only occurs on one of about five fields. If he enters data into one of these fields and then moves out of that field, we get an error OLE Not Registered error, and Access closes on us.

I have looked at the form, there are no OLE's being referenced. I checked the references and did not find any problems there.

Any help would be much appreciated as always.

Thank you,
Peter Paul

Peter Paul

Registered User.
Local time
Did not help

Thanks for the thread, but it did not seem to answer the problem. Any other help would be much appreciated.

Peter Paul

pdx_man

Just trying to help
Local time
Yesterday, 18:29
Basically, my point on the other thread is that the objects must be correctly registered on the computer running the database. Just copying the files there doesn't do it.

Oldsoftboss

AWF VIP
Local time
Today, 11:29
I've even run into trouble if they are not registered in the correct order. Be sure the order is the same on each PC
Dave

pdx_man

Just trying to help
Local time
Yesterday, 18:29
Just to make sure the libraries are correctly registered, run regsvr32 on all of the referenced objects. My guess is that one of them is on the machine, just not registered in the computer's registry.

Oldsoftboss

AWF VIP
Local time
Today, 11:29
May I ask how you run regsvr32 on all of the referenced objects?
Could be useful in the future as I have also run into this problem.
Dave

DaveO

Registered User.
Local time
Hi

Do you have Norton Antivirus running on your PC?

I got the save error and fixed it by disabling script blocking in the Norton options and rebooting.

Hope this helps.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom