OLE Object not displaying (1 Viewer)

susand

Registered User.
Local time
Tomorrow, 00:55
OLE Object not displaying - urgently looking for help

Please help have been searching for weeks and getting no replies on forums.

I have a inherited a db that has a table with symbol description and a graphic. Table is on SQL and data type shows as varbinary(2000) value = binary data, shows in joined access table as OLE. Value = ole object.

My subform shows the description but it will not show the object. Can some one show me what I am doing wrong please.

I created the field in subform as ole object, bound object = ole allowed.

Thanks a million

Last edited:

Max D

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 05:55
Just make quick AccessImagine check.

Place it on form instead of OLE Control and bind to image field. It is a big chance that it will display your data nicely.

stephen batich

Local time
Today, 05:55
I spent quite some time trying to figure out how to display OLE Objects in Forms and/or Reports. After trying a few things, I finally found this solution:

Use the Attachment data type in both the Table and in the Form/Report.

Reason OLE Objects don't work in Access is due to a header that Access adds to specify what type of file it is stored, and needs an Active-X tie to an interpreter if you NEED OLE Objects.

The Attachment data type does everything that you would expect from the OLE Object. The graphic is embedded in the database making it totally portable and dynamic.

To simplify:
In Access, Go to you Table Design View, and Add a new Field with the Data Type = Attachment. Save. Once populated, you can edit the Form or Report under Design View and click Add Existing Fields, and drag the new Attachment field directly into the Form or Report and viola - dynamic images!

MarionD

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 13:55
Hi there, I know this is an older Post, but I have the Problem and can't solve it!

I have tried the Attachment Field, but it does not Display in my Form.

Ideally I would like to save a Bitmap in an Ole field in a table (I have only one in the databse.. the Logo) that I would like to be able to Display on a form and Print in Reports.

The "Ole Server" will not let me save the Bitmap in my Field....

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom