On Click Buttons and Population (1 Viewer)

Sarahbyrne3

Local time
Today, 14:50
Good morning from sunny London,

Long story short, i work in a construction firm where the guys on site need to order materials but are very vague about what they are after, often causing mistake orders and delaying construction programme. This database started as an excel spreadsheet (32000+ line spreadsheet to be more accurate) so it was apparent that this would need access!!

With a lot of help from all of you lovely people, especially from arnelgp, it is very close to being something i can 'show' to our operatives. I just need a little assistance with a couple of buttons and population.

I have a print preview button, which i think I've done something to the code as it no longer works. I also would like a button to populate the same information from my frmOrderRequest into my frmPurchaseOrder. I also would like a possible search function so that the buyers can search a particular Order Request or Purchase Order. An auto populate when you select your Project Number and last but not least to make the 'Add' function to be bigger/more visible for those who are not as 'computer literate' as others.

I know this is all a lot to ask and i really appreciate any help that is given from all you wonderful brains!

Thank you very much in advance.

Attachments

• RED Materials Rev 7 - Copy.accdb
    6.8 MB · Views: 243

SHANEMAC51

Local time
Today, 17:50
the guys on site have to order materials, but are very vague about what they are looking for, often causing order errors and delaying the construction program

this is the main thing in your task - dynamic search in the table of materials, search by partial knowledge of different fields

CJ_London

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
would help if you provided some directions as to which forms the print preview button and add buttons are on, whether you already have forms where you want the extra functionality etc

search a particular Order Request or Purchase Order.
Also clarify what you want the search option to search for and which fields

An auto populate when you select your Project Number
and autopopulate what?

Sarahbyrne3

Local time
would help if you provided some directions as to which forms the print preview button and add buttons are on, whether you already have forms where you want the extra functionality etc
Yes, that would definitely help. frm_Order has a print preview button which is not working, its not my code so i am struggling to find out what is wrong with it.
Also clarify what you want the search option to search for and which fields
The search option is for the buyers to be able to search the OrderNumber from tbl_ORHeader
and autopopulate what?
When you click on the project number from the drop down on frm_Order, i want it to pull the information from tbl_Projects and auto populate the address on frm_Order

SHANEMAC51

Local time
Customer_Seq_NumDOUBLE8
THG_DescriptionTEXT255
Merit ID#TEXT255
Item NumberTEXT255
Product #TEXT255
Product NumberTEXT255
SUPCTEXT255
ItemTEXT255
one key with a fractional part (DOUBLE), the rest of the text fields are 255 characters, although it looks like these are articles of 10-15 characters each

moreover, the filling of the table is very rare, it is half empty

Sarahbyrne3

Local time
Customer_Seq_NumDOUBLE8
THG_DescriptionTEXT255
Merit ID#TEXT255
Item NumberTEXT255
Product #TEXT255
Product NumberTEXT255
SUPCTEXT255
ItemTEXT255
one key with a fractional part (DOUBLE), the rest of the text fields are 255 characters, although it looks like these are articles of 10-15 characters each

moreover, the filling of the table is very rare, it is half empty
I am so sorry, but i have no idea what any of that meant?

Sarahbyrne3

Local time
Is anyone available to help please. Getting to the "want to blow up my PC" phase.

CJ_London

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
frm_Order has a print preview button which is not working, its not my code so i am struggling to find out what is wrong with it.
it works for me (rpt_OrderRequest opens in preview mode and displays the selected order) - so better explain what 'not working' means
The search option is for the buyers to be able to search the OrderNumber from tbl_ORHeader
that is what your cboOR control does - how do you want it different?
When you click on the project number from the drop down on frm_Order, i want it to pull the information from tbl_Projects and auto populate the address on frm_Order
again that works for me

are you sure you have enabled the code? i.e. the FE is in a trusted location?
if it is, provide a 'walk through' for a specific order in the example data you sent to illustrate what you mean

edit -
I also would like a button to populate the same information from my frmOrderRequest into my frmPurchaseOrder.
I also don't see either of these forms, and by name frm_Order could be either one

Last edited:

Sarahbyrne3

Local time
I have attached what i hope will explain what i would like this to do. I am very grateful for all the help you guys are doing and really appreciate your patience with me.

Attachments

• Access Help.pdf
    45.6 KB · Views: 249

arnelgp

..forever waiting... waiting for jellybean!
Local time
Today, 22:50
the problem i can see, is that the SupplierCode on material table does
not match in Any record with Supplier table.

what i was thinking, is when creating the PO, there should be a "search" for
Request (no PO yet), the list from Request is Grouped by Suppliers (since
requested materials are by supplier anyway).

therefore we grouped all materials for a specific supplier for 1 po, another
po for another supplier (may or may not be on same Request).

SHANEMAC51

Local time
the first form of I always tape is a form of orders for choice according to the available orders and their STATUS(closed, draft, ....)
green fields - how to set conditions for filtering
yellow - is not adjusted, view only
pink - access to the adjustment specific order , if the order is NOT CLOSED, or just browsing, here connects your DETAILED ORDER for a material input

to search for materials, a similar form is needed so that the search for material with dimensions 40x40x5 does not return 100 EXTRA positions (this is a consequence of the fact that your single search field will find the value =40 not only in sizes, but also in codes

Attachments

• wz0208red.png
    wz0208red.png
    65 KB · Views: 224

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom