On Load event (Access2007) (1 Viewer)

David Eagar

Registered User.
Local time
Tomorrow, 05:16
Working with a fellow member on a project and have come across a strange problem.

I have built several forms that have a simple On Load event (sets a few variables to "*" so all records will be shown on start up) that can be filtered by various combo boxes.

All works well my end, but when delived to to other machine, it appears the On Load event is not happening.

Both on Access 2007, both on Vista Home, have checked security permissions on folders and all seems to check out OK

Have tried importing all objects into new database, did not solve problem

Any clues as to what could prevent the On Load occuring on one machine?

boblarson

Smeghead
Local time
Today, 12:16
First the obvious, which you probably did already - did you make sure to set the database's location to be a Trusted Location for the second machine? Because it is a machine level setting and not a database level setting.

David Eagar

Registered User.
Local time
Well, it's obvious to some, but not necissarily me! Will check this out, although I would have thought we would have a few other 'bugs' besides this one if it were this

David Eagar

Registered User.
Local time
Established Trust Location, user has full permissions, but still On Load and After Update events only partially working, seems to be related to the * wildcard

David Eagar

Registered User.
Local time
Problem resolved, although cause and solution a bit of a mystery. Imported objects into new database and all now works correctly.

We had done this previously, although I suspect it works now because of Trusted Location established this time

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom