online quizzes from access db (1 Viewer)

plumbteach

Local time
Today, 10:02
I would like to make a multiple choice quiz my students can use to revise at home. The quiz should give them 50 or so random questions (5 from each subject area) and 4 possible answers for each one and then score the individual subject areas and overall score. I would like it to choose different questions each time a student takes the quiz and to give feedback on the qusetions they got wrong at the end.
Any pointers?

mhartman

Dr. Data
Local time
Today, 02:02
Hello:

Please post what you have so far, so we may help you further.

Regards

plumbteach

Local time
Today, 10:02
all I have so far

I have a table with the following fields
urn - unique number (autonumber)
Subject - (from a dropdown list from another table)
Question - (the text of the question)
Answers (A,B,C,D) four fields each with the different options
Correct answer - one of the previous four fields copied and pasted. I was going to use it as a string variable to confirm the student picked the right answer.
I suppose I could ditch the correct answer field and substitute it for a yes/no but I thought I could use the string variable for use as feedback at the end as well. If the student picked the wrong answer the db would give them the right one for future reference.
I had intended to distribute it on a CD or DVD as I have no experience/knowledge of servers etc, does this make a difference?
Many thanks for your interest
Chris

KeithG

AWF VIP
Local time
Today, 02:02
I would create a seperate table for questions and a seperate table for your multiple choice answers. Create a one to many relationship from questions to answers. Then create another table for your user to enter the test data.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom