Open another database and copy all tables into back-up (1 Viewer)

Gasman

Enthusiastic Amateur
Local time
Today, 01:40
I'm confused now. If the tables are not linked, I would have thought you would need to pass "FE" to my code as you do not have any backend?

I default to BE as that is what I created it for, and will use it the most. However it becaomes handy to backup the FE if I need to make changes to that.

Thank you for you post Gasman.
This is tested on BE but all tables are main tables without linking.

So this function is working only for FE?

Thank you static.

What this is mean? recordset is a table. And has a lot of fields not one...

Jacek

jaryszek

Registered User.
Local time
Yesterday, 17:40
Gasman have you looked on my sample database in attachment few posts ago?

I have tested it with this database and this is not working...

Jacek

Gasman

Enthusiastic Amateur
Local time
Today, 01:40
No, but I have now downloaded it and tried my routine.
First of all you do not appear to have a BE if you put the code in the BE, then it becomes a FE, as far as i coded it at least. Putting BE in the DB name does not make it a BE?, as far as I am aware.

My code is meant to run from the FE, not the BE.
It also is for my setup. I only offered it as something to start with, not a solution that would work in in every situation.
When people offer me code, I fully expect to have to tailor it to my situation, which they are not aware of. I am more than happy to be shown a method to a solution and tweak to my needs.

All I had to do for your DB, was tweak the strBackupPath to have a drive name and it worked from then on using the FE parameter as far as my code was concerned it was a FE as it was being run from the DB it was in.
That at least is my understanding of a FE.?
Personally I have yet to run code from a BE, it has always been there to store tables and not code.

If you see my signature, I am a novice. I create what works for me from what I am offered and am grateful for the advice. I can only offer what works for me and then let the person see if it is useful or not for them.

However you now have a method that appears to work from either DB, so seems a much better solution?

Last edited:

jaryszek

Registered User.
Local time
Yesterday, 17:40
Wow thank you Gasman for your help.

Yes the solution provided by static is very efficient. And works for me.
Your method of course also is working for FE (for linked tables) and thank you for that!!!
Maybe some other gay will take your code and implement within their databases

Problem is solved, I am closing the topic.

Best Wishes,
Jacek Antek

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom