Open file and print (1 Viewer)

KenHigg

Local time
Today, 13:19
I have some files (pdf and pptx), on a network dirve that I need to print in a report. I was thinking since some of my charts are already in excel then I could somehow download and print the other network documents to pdf and some how merge them all - Make sense? I used the following in Access and it works:

Application.FollowHyperlink "http://rip.xxxx.com/eng_actions/A319_A320/2159-A319%20-%20A320%202159.pdf"

So... I was thinking of using the FollowHyperlink think somehow. Any suggestions?

Mihail

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 20:19
Try to open the files then use the Send Key feature in order to command the actions you need (to print - here)

Galaxiom

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Tomorrow, 03:19
If you need to automatically merge pdfs the way to go is PDF Toolkit.

The server version is command line driven.

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 12:19
Although it would be a pain in the toches, try a variation of this. Verify manually that you can include a PDF or PPTX file in a Word DOCX file. If you can, then make your word document and include your documents in the .DOCX file.

Go into WORD and look at its help for Word Application objects, or go on-line for it. You can find descriptions of the contents of such documents in the COM discussions that tell you about word text storage artifices such as paragraphs and sections.

Two choices come to mind. First and simplest, for short documents you can build the paragraphs on the fly. Build the pieces-parts every time. The other method, useful particularly if you have a lot of "boilerplate" documentation and a lesser amount that varies, is to build a template of the file you want with all the boilerplate in place and with Word named bookmarks where you want to insert unique text or document references. Open the document, do a GoToBookmark (with the name you wanted), and start adding text or paragraphs or whatever.

If word will allow you to include references to external documents such as you have for inclusion, then doing this in the context of a Word.Application object will be cleaner. Not only that, but when you save and close the file, Word has a Print option that will automatically send to your default printer. So if the "include external document" technique works, it should solve all of the problem that you have described.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom