Open Power BI Report on MS Access Form (1 Viewer)

Mohamed Yassin

Local time
Today, 14:51
Hello Dears
kindly note that I have error when I tried to open Power BI report "unsupported browser" on MS Access Form. I have added the two keys in the registry editor by my administrator on machine/user as you mentioned in the below thread: of isladogs

FEATURE_BROWSER_EMULATION]
FeatureControl\FEATURE_DOCUMENT_COMPATIBLE_MODE]

I am still having message unsupported browser. Noting that i am using Microsoft 365

could you please support and give me your advice?

CJ_London

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 13:51
take a look at similar threads at the bottom of this thread

GPGeorge

Grover Park George
Local time
Today, 05:51
Given that you are using a current MS 365 version of Access, it is important to know if you are using the new Edge-based web browser control or the old web browser control. There are blocking issues with the Edge-based web browser control. I believe, for one thing, you can use the URL for a view of the Power BI visual, but not the URL to the edit, or development, environment where the source Power BI is located.

Mohamed Yassin

Local time
Given that you are using a current MS 365 version of Access, it is important to know if you are using the new Edge-based web browser control or the old web browser control. There are blocking issues with the Edge-based web browser control. I believe, for one thing, you can use the URL for a view of the Power BI visual, but not the URL to the edit, or development, environment where the source Power BI is located.
Hello Professor @GPGeorge
It is my pleasure to hear from your kind.
I have read a little at Microsoft that I should upgrade my Office 365 to version 2304 to support Edge as i am using now version 2302, learn.microsoft.com/en-us/officeupdates/current-channel?redirectSourcePath=%252farticle%252f95c8d81d-08ba-42c1-914f-bca4603e1426#version-2307-july-27:~:text=Version%202304%3A%20April%2025

I am asking my administrator to upgrade, and I will test again and I will feed you back.

GPGeorge

Grover Park George
Local time
Today, 05:51
Well, I didn't actually mean that you would need to update Office or use the Edge web browser control, only that it should be available. I doubt, in fact, that updating MS 365 alone will resolve the problem. Apparently, some of my other comments were also too broad, not allowing for your level of experience.

I mentioned that there is both a URL for a shareable view of a Power BI visual, and a URL for the development environment in which the visual is edited. For example:

=" ?r= the long string identifying the specific visual goes here"
The view which you CAN use in the Edge web browser control to display the visual in Access

/the string identifying my development environment goes here?experience=power-bi
The development environment which you CAN NOT use in the Edge web browser control

When you publish a PBI from the desktop, you should be able to get that shareable view link to use in the Edge web browser control. I think the experience has changed in MS 365 since I created that view above, so I'm a bit unclear on how to get to it. One of the frustrating things about MS in general and MS 365 in particular is that nothing stays consistent for long.

Invest some time in MS 365 in your Power BI environment to figure out how to get a shareable link to the view you need.

If someone has more recent, more relevant experience, please chime in.

Mohamed Yassin

Local time
kindly note that Power BI reports are developed by another department; I am using only the URL link of power BI report which i am using on the windows edge browser and viewed normally successfully.

Last edited:

Mohamed Yassin

Local time
I am still could not find the new edge browser. is the new control available in Microsoft Access 365 Enterprise?
I am using Microsoft Access 365 Enterprise version 2302 (build 16130.20644)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom