opening a form from another form based on textbox value (1 Viewer)

anto.danny

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 15:04
hello

I have two tables "Employee" & "Jobsheet" which has a common column called "EmployeeID" which is unique in table Employee and has duplicates in table Jobsheet.

I've also made two forms Employee and Jobsheet based on the two tables. When I click on the "EmployeeID" textbox in Jobsheet form I want the employee form to open filtered to the record of the same "EmployeeID".

I have done this on a form and report of the same table. applying the same to two forms doesn't work.

Pyro

Too busy to comment
Local time
Tomorrow, 08:04
The following should work:

Code:
DoCmd.OpenForm "<Employee Form>" , , , "EmployeeID = " & Me!EmployeeID

Replace <Employee Form> with the name of your employee form.

Note that you may need to save the record first if it is a new record that has not yet been committed. Alternatively, you could reference the textbox control which has your EmployeeID in it instead of the field itself.

JHB

Have been here a while
Local time
Tomorrow, 00:04
Else show the code you've in the "EmployeeID" textbox control.

anto.danny

Registered User.
Local time
I made the text box as hyperlink and pasted the code in onclick event. When I click on employee ID, Im asked to enter parameter, so type the employee number and then employee form opens with nothing on it.

Pyro

Too busy to comment
Local time
Attached is a real quick example I put together for you.

I'm not sure what version of Access you're running, so i saved it in 2000.

Attachments

• Open Form Example.mdb
    464 KB · Views: 197

anto.danny

Registered User.
Local time
The employee ID is not number its alphanumeric in my case. I guess I did some thing wrong will report again after a few trials...:banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:

anto.danny

Registered User.
Local time
I made two files one with employeeid as a normal number and the other one with alphanumeric one. The one with number work and alphanumeric one says enter parameter and I have to enter the ID again.

anto.danny

Registered User.
Local time
I came up with a idea..i made a query that does search based on the value on textbox and opens the form with filtered view, I added the query to record source of employee form and added a button on jobsheet to open the employee form. Its a mess but it gets the job done

Pyro

Too busy to comment
Local time
If your field is alphanumeric, then in the code as per my example, just replace this line:

Code:
DoCmd.OpenForm "frm_Employee", , , "EmployeeID = " & Me!EmployeeID

with:

Code:
DoCmd.OpenForm "frm_Employee", , , "EmployeeID = '" & Me!EmployeeID & "'"

Note the extra single quotes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom