Opening two objects bound to the same source at the same time (1 Viewer)

Niroth

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 08:16
Hi,

Not sure if this is not a stupid question, but when I try to open two forms with controls that have the same underlying control source, I encounter a message that say "the table is locked and cannot be malnipulated pregrammatically", or "the table you tried to open is being used, please wait a while before trying again." Is there anyway around it at all?

Niroth

burrcm

Registered User.
Local time
Tomorrow, 01:16
Hmm. I haven't struck it. I just made two identical forms off a table directly, opened them together and altered records, no problem, also two based on a query no problem either. A2003. What exactly are you doing to get the error?

Chris B

Niroth

Registered User.
Local time
I'm using Access 2007. Basically I can't open two objects with the same source together, or even objects that has relationship to each other with fields already displayed in one object.

Say I have formA with some fields from tableB, if formA is opened, then I can't open any object that is bound to tableB.

That's all I'm trying to do, no code or fancy macro in either form.

So people who use other earlier version has no problem like this? :confused:

stopher

AWF VIP
Local time
Today, 16:16
Sounds like you have full record locking. In your form, take a look at what the "Record Locks" property is set to.
hth
Chris

burrcm

Registered User.
Local time
I fired up another machine with 2007 and ran some tests. I do not see your issue at all. I suspect that either your db or your Access installation is damaged. First try to experiment with a new blank db. If this plays up, I would repair Office (Add Remove Programs - Repair).

Chris B

Niroth

Registered User.
Local time
I found out it's the setting of the database. I can change that through the Microsoft office button. I feel so stupid, it's always after I had asked the question that I find it's just a simple one click solution.

Thanks guys, for the replies.

Last edited:

burrcm

Registered User.
Local time
Not stupid. Asking the question tends to get the thought proccesses working. Glad it's sorted.

Chris B

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom