I get this error for 2 different end users :(
Both are using Office 365
2 different Apps

One of them is an old user who had no problem till yesterday :(
He's using Office 365 16.0.1.2527.21230

Is it something wrong with Office 365 ?
Missing file ?

arnelgp

..forever waiting... waiting for jellybean!
Local time
Tomorrow, 04:12
inspect which code is of fault.
this is usually caused on recursive call to a function/sub
make sure to initialize/terminate each object variable created,eg:

dim db as dao.database
set db=currentdb
'rest of code
set db=nothing

smig

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 23:12
inspect which code is of fault.
this is usually caused on recursive call to a function/sub
make sure to initialize/terminate each object variable created,eg:

dim db as dao.database
set db=currentdb
'rest of code
set db=nothing
This does not reply to the question why it works perfectly on one machine and not on another one, and why it stoped working now after long time it worked with no issues

Minty

AWF VIP
Local time
Today, 21:12
It might be an Office update, or possibly a locally corrupt front end?
Have you tried a new copy of the front end on the machine in question?

Is there a difference in the specific office versions between working and not working?

Ranman256

Local time
Today, 16:12
yes, pc update are usu the problem. out of stack is usu when a routine gets called repeatedly with no exit to free the memory.
setting DB = currentdb . wont do it alone. Can you trace to see what other code is called?

also note , if a db is close to maximum size (2 gig) , the db will give random false errors.

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 15:12
This does not reply to the question why it works perfectly on one machine and not on another one

Actually, it still might. Some memory-tuning things are affected by installed software and are based on registry settings for HKLM (Local Machine) entries. Is there a difference in OTHER software (besides Office) that is installed on the machine that works? The size of the process stack can be affected by installations.

However, I agree with Arnel that anything recursive has the chance to nail you to the wall if it recurses deep enough. For example, an excessively complex and deep directory structure could give trouble if you were using the File System Object to search folders recursively.

smig

Registered User.
Local time
It might be an Office update, or possibly a locally corrupt front end?
Have you tried a new copy of the front end on the machine in question?

Is there a difference in the specific office versions between working and not working?
The working one is Office 16, the not working one is Office 365
Is it possible it looks for Different files in the Reference ?

smig

Registered User.
Local time
Actually, it still might. Some memory-tuning things are affected by installed software and are based on registry settings for HKLM (Local Machine) entries. Is there a difference in OTHER software (besides Office) that is installed on the machine that works? The size of the process stack can be affected by installations.

However, I agree with Arnel that anything recursive has the chance to nail you to the wall if it recurses deep enough. For example, an excessively complex and deep directory structure could give trouble if you were using the File System Object to search folders recursively.
I don't know what difference between these two machines

The working one is Office 16, the not working one is Office 365
Is it possible it looks for Different files in the Reference ?

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 15:12
The fact that they are different versions makes it easily possible that they look for different files. If I recall correctly, O365 is equivalent to O2019. Some (though not all) of the library files will be different. I searched my registry for parameters that would change the stack size by default, but it looks like the only way I could find to change stack size was as a launch-time parameter.

The other question is, what does the app do (in overview?) If it involves directory traversal, then the folder structure of the two machines is a consideration.

smig

Registered User.
Local time
The fact that they are different versions makes it easily possible that they look for different files. If I recall correctly, O365 is equivalent to O2019. Some (though not all) of the library files will be different. I searched my registry for parameters that would change the stack size by default, but it looks like the only way I could find to change stack size was as a launch-time parameter.

The other question is, what does the app do (in overview?) If it involves directory traversal, then the folder structure of the two machines is a consideration.
I mostly suspect the problem is something with Office 365 as I have very similar error with 2 different apps for 2 users.
What I mostly don't understand is why an App that worked perfectly for long time stopped working few days ago :(

Minty

AWF VIP
Local time
Today, 21:12
Over time Access VBA has become less tolerant of certain things that in essence we used to "get away with".

I can't give you specifics but things have changed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom